Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1141 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:23 PM

Cool story time.

Owns 2003 B4 for 6 years.

TT aids. Told by every troll that it will literally self destruct from pinging.

Never experience pinging. Great car, 110%, would drive again. (other than everything starting to fail over time due to its age)

Owns 2016 WRX for 4 years.

Direct Injection and CVT aids. Never had any trouble with it. A couple of months ago it started slightly pinging under specific loads (inclines at around 60km\h), but only when fuel was getting stale.

Confirmed excess carbon build up in the throttle-body and intake. Takes Subaru 3 days to clean it. New spark plugs while they're in there.

Car is now more responsive than ever. I've also noticed the highway fuel economy has improved. But it's parked a lot now, I work from home most of the week. It will probably need a clean-out again in a few years time.

:drinks:

#1142 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 09 October 2020 - 10:50 AM

Nice! I wonder how many B4's self destructed due to similar circumstances???

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1143 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 11 October 2020 - 10:18 AM

Cool story time.

Confirmed excess carbon build up in the throttle-body and intake. Takes Subaru 3 days to clean it.

Cool story indeed.

I guess this shows why a throttle body clean & some UEC is so important.

I always suggest this be done at every service for DI cars. Kinda pisses me off how a lot of dealers try to 'up sell' this, rather than just building it into the price of the service.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1144 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 22 October 2020 - 04:55 PM

Ok, Geelong or Richmond to win?

I don’t really want either - Geelong win means my sister in-law will have a larger than usual over inflated ego, as will the rest of Geelong; then on the flip side I don’t really want Richmond to win... again. They’re clocking up too many wins in these modern times (my opinion anyway).

When it comes to the crunch, I think I’ll lean to Richmond just edging out Geelong.

What do others think?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1145 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

Not being a footy fan, I'm not overly fussed. It also seems to have a different feel given it's not in Vic.

Our office manager is a die hard Richmond fan. Win or lose she will be taking about it for weeks! 😁

#1146 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:11 PM

Yea, my inlaws complete family is richmond, which means it's a pretty obvious choice. I myself am not overly football orientated, but I do enjoy watching it if its not too one sided. Should be a good game to watch I think. Both sides are in with a good chance.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1147 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:11 PM

I’m the same about footy. Essendon supporter but don’t bother asking who is on the team or what they scored last weekend.

It seems that the AFL season/grand final is a bit like Bathurst - it’s just not the same anymore. Great that Holden won and all, decent race, but there’s no chance of “defending” the title next year. Then watch the American muscle come in and change the whole vibe of the once great Aussie race.

RX (Jase? I’m hopeless with names :( ) - seems you’re stuffed either way mate! Good thing you’re not sleeping with her or a Cat’s fan. That would go down in flames! :P

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1148 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:12 AM

It was such a shame watching Bathurst, not so much for the last time a Holden raced there, but more for the fact there were no crowds.

Cheers

Jase 😀

#1149 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:57 AM

Yeah that was weird! I didn’t know there were so many roads across the top of the Mt behind the track which is usually a public road.

2020... a memorable year for all the wrong reasons :(

Side note. Media and weather reports SO cried wolf with the wet weather this weekend. Frustrating as we cancelled pans yesterday and it turned out to be great weather for the walk we planned.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1150 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:44 AM

Wet AF here!

#1151 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 12:57 PM

Wet here, but not the stupid amount of weather we were supposed to get. That said, Mum's in SA, and said they got smashed last night, so we're due for some coming.

#1152 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:03 PM

Yeah I saw the storms etc they were copping in Radelaide and thought “yep, we’ll be getting that” but ended up missing it. Even today - morning light drizzly rain. Not the bucketing rain we were told to brace for.

Watching the opening ceremony of the grand final - first footy game viewing for the year. Looks like the weather will throw in a bit of the wet stuff to make it interesting. It was eerie to see an empty MCG performance to see off the retiring players - also a nice nod to where the final game was always played until now.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1153 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:37 PM

Pissed down here last night. Of course the missus decided it would be a good night to leave the sunroof of her new car open!

I'm thinking I'll watch the last 1/4 if it continues to be a close game.

#1154 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:49 PM

Ah bugger about the sunroof!!

It rained overnight, but it wasn’t windy or heavy. At least it wet everything as opposed to barely wetting sealed ground surfaces!

The game is going alright. Long time since I’ve purposely sat down and watched a game. Seems a bit sloppy in some ways but still a well matched game. Hopefully a close one and not one team walking away. I missed the scores before half time (bummer). I hope Richmond evened up the scores before half time...

My mate in WA says there’s a boycott of the grand final this year because they reckon they should have the game over there rather than in Brisbane. I didn’t realise ppl felt that way about it!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1155 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:59 PM

Maybe WA should have opened their borders!

#1156 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:03 PM

Maybe WA should have opened their borders!

And stop trying to be their own country!!
1BKrxb.jpg

#1157 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:07 AM

Well it was a tight game for the first half, after which Richmond found their way and started ripping the cats a new one. Geelong were up by a fair margin though, so they needed to find their game. Was a rough game though. Ablett did some damage to his shoulder again, and one of Richmonds got knocked out in the first few minutes, and another in the final quarter. Final quarter was just Richmond walking away. Cats pretty well gave up with a few minutes left. One of the only games that I've actually sat down and watched the entire game.

Cheers,
Ben

#1158 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:34 PM

Now that Melbournians are free (semi), we have been flat out catching up with family and friends. So good to be social again!

Seems like all of Melb is catching up, each time we went to a local park it was packed!!

#1159 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:43 PM

I heard through the bush telegraph up here that three Melbourians were fined for being in Echuca. Dickheads. Just wait a little longer and don’t go nuts when restrictions are eased. Too hard too early could spell trouble for all.

Glad we’re not Europe though. I wish them all the best in flatting their mountain. The numbers are mind boggling :(

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1160 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 07:26 PM

If a non-orange president is elected, will the internet break?
1BKrxb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users