• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

Shame I didnt see this earlier. My car has been sitting in my shed for a few months now (albeit in bad repair) and Im considering parting it...

Highly recommend Eculabs. So functional! Eculabs and E85 was definitely the best decision.

#22 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:26 PM

Good to know.
How did it drive on the base map he put in? Was it close to the factory map or did he adjust it at all?

Drives fine, feels like a factory map.

But a few things are different, fuel mixtures are a bit different. 

Shame I didnt see this earlier. My car has been sitting in my shed for a few months now (albeit in bad repair) and Im considering parting it...

Highly recommend Eculabs. So functional! Eculabs and E85 was definitely the best decision.

Whats going on with your outback Josh ??

#23 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:00 AM

I was sitting at the lights a few months back and it just went pop. Theres clearly a hole in the top of the block but due to work and family commitments I havent investigated beyond that. I also noticed a puddle of oil where the car had been parked that morning - hadnt driven it for a month or 2 - but not convinced yet that its related.

I did a hill climb late last year and had been winding up the boost beyond what was perhaps reasonable for an unopened block and experimenting with launch control etc.

Im thinking, given E85 doesnt have a very long shelf life, the fuel was bad at the time too and given the old thing was feeling a bit tired it just gave up.

Its been an awesome journey so far - So tempting to replace the short block and keep going. Just time and other responsibilities in the way atm...

#24 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

I was sitting at the lights a few months back and it just went pop. Theres clearly a hole in the top of the block but due to work and family commitments I havent investigated beyond that. I also noticed a puddle of oil where the car had been parked that morning - hadnt driven it for a month or 2 - but not convinced yet that its related.

I did a hill climb late last year and had been winding up the boost beyond what was perhaps reasonable for an unopened block and experimenting with launch control etc.

Im thinking, given E85 doesnt have a very long shelf life, the fuel was bad at the time too and given the old thing was feeling a bit tired it just gave up.

Its been an awesome journey so far - So tempting to replace the short block and keep going. Just time and other responsibilities in the way atm...

M8 thats bad news,

How much boost where you running ??

I can get you a price on a ver7 ej207 short motor, you would need to add freight from Melb to Adel.

#25 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

22psi

13psi on launch control was pretty ambitious too

Id like to say Im not interested in a price on a short motor... but Id be lying. PM would be awesome if you get a chance!

#26 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

22psi

13psi on launch control was pretty ambitious too

Id like to say Im not interested in a price on a short motor... but Id be lying. PM would be awesome if you get a chance!

Fark 22 psi is alot for a cast piston m8. Not really surprised it let go. I will pm you a price tomorrow night m8.

#27 01OBK

01OBK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

So I got the Eculabs ECU in today, had an issue with it not starting after the first flash but Emmanuel for eculabs had a look at the software files and found a bug in the firmware one, fixed it and sent me new files and it's up and running now.
Even though it's pretty much a factory tune it feels better to have an auto ecu back in it. Not as aggressive as the 20psi Zerosports ecu but still nice.
Now to find somewhere in brisbane to tune it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users