5 replies to this topic

#1 newbs

newbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

Hey all.

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I've been MIA with exams and all, however I'm back!

In the time i was away I fell in love with a Black G3 Impreza Rs with about 80,000k's

Just wondering what are some of the best early mods I should be looking at doing!

I'm looking for a few sort of cheaper ones, with maybe one or two major ones that might cost a bit.

Cheers all!

#2 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:27 AM

Fluid change, and some Upper engine cleaner, plus a good service. ~$300 (less if you do it yourself).

Bolster your seats for more racecar feel, budget ~$10; 

Rear swaybar. You can get a 2nd hand Whiteline one or the OEM ones from a WRX or XT SH Forester should be an upgrade. Budget ~$150

Wheels, you can get some WRX stockies which in my opinion look great, budget $800-$1000 with tyres.

4988488044_c4580de22f_b.jpg

You could go for some better suspension, i.e. springs if you're feeling up to it, but not really necessary. Budget ~$400 + about $200-400 install.

If it is a sedan you can get a pair of STi mufflers for almost nothing these days ~$50. I would only change the muffler, no sense in modifying any other part of the exhaust in an RS. 

#3 newbs

newbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for them! Just what I was looking for!

Would an STI muffler not work on the hatch? If not what would?

Cheers

#4 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:35 AM

Only problem there is the RS is single exit exhaust whereas the STI is dual muffler and quad tips. Not sure if you can change the rear bar apron on an RS to suit. Hardware might not be there to mount the extra muffler anyway. Best way is to have a look underneath.

A simple solution might be to put a G3 early WRX muffler on as they are single exit. Make it look a bit bigger.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#5 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:47 PM

Yeah for the hatch you only have single exit, go with Jimbo's idea or you can splash out and go to an exhaust shop for an axle back.

#6 mrikecatter

mrikecatter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

First thing I'd change for practical purposes would be the wheels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users