Photo

V8 ej207 short block. What heads should i get.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jake87

jake87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's,

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:03 AM

I scored a 05 ej207 v8 short block for my 02 b4 liberty because it has done a bearing..

Was thinkinking about getting my b4 ej206 heads ported and the valves machined oversize. Getting new valves, springs, retainers, guides. And using the sti cams that came with the short block or buying new ones..

Or am i better getting some heads that support avcs

Can anybody chime in with some advice please.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

Whats your power goal? AVCS heads will require extra wiring and an ecu that can run it. Getting your 206 heads overhauled isnt a bad idea. Is the car TT or single turbo? If youre taking the heads off you could get some wrx heads from 99 onwards and do a nice single turbo conversion and make proper use of that bottom end

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

Iirc the b4 heads are decent.

Unless you want to go the avcs route I would keep the tt heads and spruce them up a bit.

#4 jake87

jake87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's,

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:38 PM

Whats your power goal? AVCS heads will require extra wiring and an ecu that can run it. Getting your 206 heads overhauled isnt a bad idea. Is the car TT or single turbo? If youre taking the heads off you could get some wrx heads from 99 onwards and do a nice single turbo conversion and make proper use of that bottom end

This car is going to be my daily, i have a my12 wrx ad my play car.

My short block came with a 05 sti ecu

Its tt at the moment, ive scouted out some standard wrx parts to go single turbo. While its apart i may aswell and upgade them later

I would like to make my heads strong enough to see some high rpm 1dba6af98ad626639971595d84a7a0d3.jpg

This car is going to be my daily, i have a my12 wrx ad my play car.

My short block came with a 05 sti ecu

Its tt at the moment, ive scouted out some standard wrx parts to go single turbo. While its apart i may aswell and upgade them later

I would like to make my heads strong enough to see some high rpm 1dba6af98ad626639971595d84a7a0d3.jpg

Thats dyno sheet is for my wrx

Why use wrx heads, is that for the different compression ratio?

#5 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:38 AM

WRX heads wont have all the TT stuff on the passenger side head. Just makes for a cleaner conversion. STi heads have better valve trains from factory generally, shim under generally and better cams . If its just going to be a daily then leave the stock TT heads, plug the TT stuff and chuck it back in

tIeW8DE.png

#6 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

WRX heads wont have all the TT stuff on the passenger side head. Just makes for a cleaner conversion. STi heads have better valve trains from factory generally, shim under generally and better cams . If its just going to be a daily then leave the stock TT heads, plug the TT stuff and chuck it back in

Pretty sure b4 heads are pretty much V6 STI heads with TT bits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users