1 reply to this topic

#1 Wagoneer

Wagoneer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

hi everyone

so i sold the yellow wagon a couple months ago and am having subaru withdrawals so in typical fashion im looking at another one in the somewhat distant future. iv fallen in love for the bugeye and wanted to know some things about the STI bugeyes.

Q1. im led to believe the V7 ej207 would happily take 300 - 330 awkw happily on those forged stock internals and be reliable, by reliable if i got a couple years id be stoked lol, is this the case? if so i see this car as a relatively cheap car to make AWD power as you can pick these bad boys up for around 12k.

Q2. what are some of the known problems with the bugeye STI's? if these cars have such solid running gear from the factory why dont more people build on them? is it really seen as that ugly of a car to overlook its donk? id love to read some builds on the these cars, especially unopened engine builds?

Q3. is the AUDM EJ207 the same internally as the JDM engine? i know japan has better fuel quality so they had some more aggressive tunes from the factory over there and ours were detuned abit for our inferior fuel but was that the only difference?

anyways i hope that spurs a conversation up as id love to have a chat and talk about build options and other peoples experiences with these cars.

cheers fam

luke aka tittysprinklez aka wagoneer

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:44 AM

1. Yes they will hold 300kw with some big heads, turbo and lots of e85. As for being reliable i couldnt say. Warrick from Got it Rex's car seems to be holding up ok with that power. Rob on the forum is making around 240. Con from HCW down here in Vic is on about 260~

2. Other than potentially clogged avcs bits I think theyre generally pretty solid. People overlook them because they arent "cool" for the most part. Also they didnt get DCCD or 5x114.3 i spose. 

3. The AUDM 207 is better than most jap 207s. After the v7 the japs went away from good forged pistons to semi forged. While they arent rubbish they arent as good as v7 which we got right through until the 257. Fuel quality really isnt that much of an issue. 98 vs 100 octane isnt a "lot". Besides youd be silly not running a flex tune and running e85 which is 113 octane ish.

Jap cars got the VF30 vs AUDM getting the VF35. Really the only difference in the V7 but again youd put a big turbo on so thats irrelevant 

tIeW8DE.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users