7 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

Hi all i had a cel light keep coming on when i was driving my b4 but it only seem to come on when i was boosting it so i had it checked and it turned out the scan tool said the cam position sensor was no good so i had it replaced. It is still doing the same thing and showes the same code it has been replaced now 4 times all brand new sensors. Is there any other sensors that can relate to this issue or anything else that could be causing this to be happening. Any help would be great thanks.

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:55 PM

Could be the alternator. I had the same issue with my last B4 and when the alternator was replaced it solved the problem

#3 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:32 PM

Ok cool thanks for your reply mate when its idling it seems to be a bit rough to and when you start to put your foot on the accelerator it kinda shakes a bit and the cel flashes on and off to but after it gets past 2rpm the light goes of and it seems fine again.

#4 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

Faulty wiring to a sensor can log a code.

Often a faulty sensor logs a 'performance' code and faulty wiring logs a 'circuit' code.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#5 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:08 PM

Oh ok ill check that out then i replaced my altinator today with a new one and now its showing the battery and hand break lights but if i disconect the battery terminal while its running it dont stall both battery and altinator are brand new so gotta try work out whats causing it to play up now

#6 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

Never never disconnect an alternator with the engine running; the alternator may run unregulated pushing voltage to a level that can blow modules. I have seen over 100 volts from this.

Seems to be a common test for some reason and I usually get flamed for suggesting it's a bad idea.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#7 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

Ok then thanks for the help ill see how i go working out what could be causing it to do what its doing

#8 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:07 AM

Ok somfixed the issue turned out the plug was a little coroded so i cleaned it its all good now no battery or handbbreak light on but now when im doing 60 70k going up hill in 4th gear the cel comes on still and steys on until i pull over and turn the car off and on then its off again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users