4 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:16 AM

Hi all im having a little bit of trouble i keep getting a cel and the code is showing p1241 on my scan tool ive spoken to a few peaple who have had b4s before and they said clean the solenoid box with upper engine cleaner. Before doing so whats the best way to fo it do i need to disconnect each hose from inside the box aswell as the ones running from the engine to the outside part of the box or just the ones on the oustside of the box? Its a 2002 b4.

#2 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

best to take the box out of the car, then clean all lines separately with some carb cleaner and compressed air (the stuff in a can works well for this if you don't feel like tasting carb cleaner)).

With it out of the car, you can see what goes where, unplug stuff if you need to, and ensure you aren't leaving residual gunk in the lines

Activate the solenoids with a 12V source while cleaning and check they all open/close

Don't misplace or lose any pills in the lines

Don't spray cleaner into the MAP sensor (I think there's just one in there), or any of the filters (if there's any).

If you unplug anything, do it one at a time so you don't get confused and swap anything around.  Good idea to take some photos before you begin any disassembly.

#3 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

Ok thanks for the reply mate will do that tomorrow you seem to have alot of knowledge on these mate have you ever seen that p1241 code before ?

#4 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

There's a huge "Your Guide To Twin Turbo" thread which covers pretty much everything. Have a good read through it as there's alot to learn.

I would recommend replacing all the vac lines in the engine bay and inside the box if you're going to that much effort. You can get the right stuff by-the-metre at Supercheap, but you'll need a butt tonne of it. I've gone in and bought the whole reel, there's that much of the stuff in the engine bay.

There's plenty of diagrams in the above mentioned thread so you can't get too lost. Best of luck

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#5 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

Ok cool ill have a read threw that ive had quick looks threw but not a full on look into it ill have a look and go from there thanks for the help guys much appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users