• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#161 XTFoz

XTFoz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

Haha more like bird with little wings. N/A Subarus are excellent machines but if you like going fast, you may as well buy a bicycle and a whipper snipper instead of an N/A. 

As far as modding an n/a goes, make it look good (i.e no turbo bonnets) and ride good, and enjoy it for what it is, that's how I've always approached it. I facepalm every time I see people spending $100s and $1000s on parts trying to make their GX a WRX. Just buy a WRX for half the headache, cars aren't sentimental treasures, they're pieces of metal. 

Its not about the speed only, its the sound of the exhaust, the induction sound, the ease of drive ability, the scoop on the bonnet while driving.being apart of the cult of the turbo Subaru boxer engine. na Subaru's are as boring as bat shit, turbo Subaru's just make the brand so much more interesting.

Also when you see guys with Na Subaru's with bonnet scoops and exhausts and sti wings its hilarious don't even bother save your money buy a forced induction Subaru.

#162 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Cool story.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#163 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

Its not about the speed only, its the sound of the exhaust, the induction sound, the ease of drive ability, the scoop on the bonnet while driving.being apart of the cult of the turbo Subaru boxer engine. na Subaru's are as boring as bat shit, turbo Subaru's just make the brand so much more interesting.

Also when you see guys with Na Subaru's with bonnet scoops and exhausts and sti wings its hilarious don't even bother save your money buy a forced induction Subaru.

It's all about what you buy it for.

If you're buying a Subaru because you want to go fast and are a boy racer, you shouldn't buy an N/A.

If you want a safe, reliable car, that performs well in it's class and has a lot of features and awards, then an N/A Subaru is tits.

Case in point, I bought my XS Premium over an XT basic, because I valued leather and sunroof over a turbo. They were the same price, but my XS had less kms because it was only a demonstrator,. And to be honest, an XT is farking slow anyway compared to an STi. I never regret that decision. I love my N/A Forester because it's my camping car, my taxi, and my family car. If I upgraded tomorrow I'd buy a Diesel turbo Premium, not an XT.

All Subaru's are good machines, you just need to buy the one that suits your need, instead of buying the wrong one and trying to make it fill your needs. You can put lipstick on a pig etc etc.

#164 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Lol stupid thread.

Posted Image

#165 Cracktastic

Cracktastic

Street-Cover & OFIM Photographer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Photography, Bewbs

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

^ this guy. :P

WbhSuDb.png

Flickr Page: https://www.flickr.c.../125210776@N07/

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MattMFotos

For inquires please email me on: mattmccamley@gmail.com

#166 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Lol stupid thread.

Yeah it is.

Apart from aesthetics, there's no reason to mod an N/A Subaru.

#167 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

Yeah it is.

Apart from aesthetics, there's no reason to mod an N/A Subaru.

Brakes, handling, turbo conversions. Plenty of reasons I think just dont try and get power from an NA engine

tIeW8DE.png

#168 Barclay

Barclay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Subies, Bodyboarding

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

fair enough about this thread but what if you dropped a new engine in the current n/a it would be a lot cheaper than starting all over again to get the new car to where the old one would be wouldn't it? 

#169 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

fair enough about this thread but what if you dropped a new engine in the current n/a it would be a lot cheaper than starting all over again to get the new car to where the old one would be wouldn't it? 

Depends mate.

If you are in love with your Gen 2 RX and want it to be turbo, and don't want a new car then a conversion makes sense, sort of.

But if you own a Gen 2 RX and really want a peanut eye WRX, it would be cheaper to just buy the WRX then spend money on a conversion, would it not?

This is even more true if you want the turbo version of the car you own, eg Foz XS to Foz XT, Impreza 2.5i to WRX.

If you have been modifying your car and have built up a lot of aftermarket parts on it, coilovers, brakes, exhaust etc, I would recommend keeping your stock parts, so you can return the car to stock and then put your aftermarket parts on your new car if you upgrade. A surprising amount of parts are interchangeable between models, year and badges.

#170 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

Dropping a new engine in the car (If you mean turbo) defeats the purpose of this thread.

The reason Brendan started this thread was because there were people with N/A subies thinking they would get 300kw if they changed the air filter/cold air intake.

Power was never going to happen, so for those people, changing things like suspension and brakes would make the car drive better.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#171 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

The reason Brendan

Brenda.

Stuff goes here

#172 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

people with N/A subies thinking they would get 300kw if they changed the air filter/cold air intake.

But.....

You can.

#173 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

OP,

yeah I agree...
I had a 2.2L manual Honda prelude...after intake, exhaust and a mild tune, I only had about 110kw at the wheels...but engine had like 250,000km at the time.

0 to 100kph in low 7.x seconds.It was still a fun car to drive. Was lowered 1.5" with JDM exterior mods...

I believe the JDM prelude h22a engine has 161kw at the flywheel Vs 147kw audm engine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users