• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Imprezed

Imprezed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

So i have an OEM rear sway bar fitted from factory. This is a direct replacement from whiteline. Problem is, i cannot find a front sway bar ANYWHERE!

Am i doing something wrong here.

Also not sure if i have a factory front bar, however there surely must be an aftermarket option out there.

Any suggestions? . .

Cheers
Previous vehicles:

Red Audi A4 B6 2002 Quattro 1.8l Turbo, manual. (Sold)

Dark silver Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo 2005 BF, auto. Slightly lowered on king springs and munroe gt shocks. Genuine FPV boss 19" wheels on low profiles. Slotted rotors and bendix brakes. K&N panel filter. (Traded for current car)

#2 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

So, the reason you can find a Whiteline rear sway bar and not a front bar is because your rear suspension setup is shared amongst most Subarus. Your multilink rear suspension is the same as an SH forester, 08+ WRX/STi and even BRZ. 

But front sway bars are a bit more complicated, if you look on Whitleine website you will see how odd shaped some of them can be, and they differ from model to model. 

Obviously very little demand for a front sway bar for your particular model, also not much need. On an AWD a rear sway bar upgrade is helpful but I doubt you'd need to upgrade the front. 

#3 Imprezed

Imprezed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:48 PM

So, the reason you can find a Whiteline rear sway bar and not a front bar is because your rear suspension setup is shared amongst most Subarus. Your multilink rear suspension is the same as an SH forester, 08+ WRX/STi and even BRZ. 

But front sway bars are a bit more complicated, if you look on Whitleine website you will see how odd shaped some of them can be, and they differ from model to model. 

Obviously very little demand for a front sway bar for your particular model, also not much need. On an AWD a rear sway bar upgrade is helpful but I doubt you'd need to upgrade the front. 

Ok thanks, interesting. The thing that stumps me is I see there is front bars available for other NA Imprezas available. I'm also not sure if mine comes with an OEM factory front bar. (I know the rear does)

My local suspension store said they can make a custom front bar. But if I can't get a ready made one, or like you say it wouldn't serve much purpose for my model (even though there is other NA impreza front bars available) I won't bother.

I think i will buy this above model bar and attempt an install, looks like best bang for buck for me.

Thanks again. .
Previous vehicles:

Dark silver Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo 2005 BF, auto. Slightly lowered on king springs and munroe gt shocks. Genuine FPV boss 19" wheels on low profiles. Slotted rotors and bendix brakes. K&N panel filter. (Traded for current car)

#4 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:59 PM

Yeah some NA Imprezas share similar platforms to other Subarus. The Impreza that precedes your model shares the front sway with older Liberty platform. 

But your platform is the newer one, which unfortunately has no crossover with enough other vehicles for it to warrant a sway bar to be made. 

But like I said, I doubt you'd need a front sway bar upgrade. The rear sway bar upgrade will make the car more fun in corners if that's what you're aiming for. 

This vid will help once you get the bar;

#5 Imprezed

Imprezed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:17 AM

Thanks man much appreciated.
Previous vehicles:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users