gen 3 manual swap auto cc cruise control

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 timslib

timslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cars, computers, snowboarding (y)

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:50 PM

Hey guys! Currently spamming Subyclub with my brain cache. 

This guide is not finished, I will finish it soon. 

Main points: 

1. The cruise control module is set to expect voltage when the AT inhibitor switch is outside of the "P" or "N" parameters. The best solution for this is to provide constant voltage. May require switched 12v+ (confirmed for module to receive battery float voltage of ~12v)

2. The "brake switch" found on the brake pedal interfaces directly with the CC module - this will need to be wired to the clutch switch so the cancellation function will work when clutch is disengaged - this is necessary as the engine will continue accelerating when clutch is disengaged and the CC doesn't disengage the throttle.

3. CC module usually depends on TCU to provide vehicle speed - wire from VSS signal wire direct to cruise control module should remedy this. 

All other wiring appears to be identical between H4 auto/manual and H6 auto systems. 

Step 1: Check for battery voltage on pin 4 on Cruise Control Module I/O connector. If 0, find constant or switched (would recommend ignition switched to prevent future issues with battery drain etc) power and wire to pin 4. (rectify as FSM used is USDM - page CC-7) 

Step 2. Wire in the clutch switch. This section is very easy, as we're utilising the existing wiring from the brake switch that is used for the cruise control system. There is two additional wires going to the brake switch that are used primarily for the either the cruise function or for the tail lights. Make sure to cut the right ones. Once these wires are cut, splice plug for clutch switch into these wires (and extend wires if required - unsure at this time) and plug into the clutch switch found at the top of the pedal. No wire/page references needed, it's literally as simple as it sounds.

Step 3. Provide the cruise control module with speed values. Again, relatively easily done. Essentially, this is one wire used as a signal wire from the TCU's "VSS". We're replacing that, now defunct wire, with the VSS's speed signal wire. Now, if you, like me, used an auto H6 wiring harness, the wiring you did to wire the VSS in to the ECU/cluster unfortunately still will not save time time here. We have to tee off from the VSS speed signal wire and send that to the CC module. Pin reference #19, connector B29. (again, rectify as per USDM FSM page CC-29)

Guide finished prior to execution/testing. Pics will follow.

thanks guys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gen 3, manual swap, auto, cc, cruise control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users