• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Josh18

Josh18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:49 PM

Hey all. I am in the midst of cleaning up my engine bay and doing all the vac lines on my 2 Gen Legacy. I have pulled the cooler off and found two coolant hard lines that come all the way from the radiator to the back of the engine bay and then are looped back together with some obviously dodgy kinked bit of hose. So what I would like to know it what are they supposed to be for?  It looks like the heater hoses are still there and go from the manifold to the fire wall and I can't see any obvious spots on the manifold or intercooler for where these small water pipes are meant to go. Anyway check the pics and I'd be keen to know if anyone knows what they are for.

Cheers

Josh

Attached Files

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:55 PM

My guess is trans cooler lines

tIeW8DE.png

#3 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:29 AM

Throttle body coolant (warming) hoses?

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:22 PM

Throttle body coolant (warming) hoses?

They come off the pipes under the manifold via the iacv. 

Given they go into the radiator, appear to be an OEM install and im not 100% familiar with them having mostly dabbled in manuals sticking with trans cooler lines that someone has bypassed for some reason. If the car is manual id say its been swapped from an auto or the cooler built into the radiator blew and an aftermarket cooler has been installed but they were lazy and left the lines in place. 

I could also be entirely wrong but we need more info and pics of where the lines go into the radiator etc

tIeW8DE.png

#5 Josh18

Josh18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:36 AM

Yeah that makes sense. I'll have a look at what the original trans code means to see if it was originally an auto. I reckon I'll look at blocking them off at the radiator seeing they serve no purpose.

Cheers guys

#6 BG11XV

BG11XV

Brian Gard (BG11XV)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:driving, fishing, photography, rallies, historic racing, cricket, downhill mtb, bbqs,

car mods, electrical work, diy mechanical work

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:14 AM

i know on my outback and others the coolant crossover on the lh side has a hose from there to the TB then TB to IACV then IACV to crossover just before the temp gauges, ive bypassed mine when i installed my TB spacer kit for less heat in the TB 

PHOTOSHOP MOCK UP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users