#1 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:11 PM

Well this is weird.

My car's not particularly noisy.. I would say its very subtle, and would venture that it would probably even pass an exhaust noise test.

I just received a warning in the mail from the EPA saying a 'member of the public' lodged a noisy exhaust report on me.

They've given time and place - I would have been driving home from work in moderate traffic. 3-lane 70km/h major route. I rarely hoon, and definitely wasn't at that time.

Did I inadvertently piss someone off in traffic who took a dislike to me, or is it more likely to be a copper?

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

Probably pissed someone off. Cops would just pull you over id think

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:52 AM

Considering there was moderate traffic and you weren't the only person on the road at the time, someone just has no life. Did you cut anyone off or give anyone a reason to get back at you for something? That's the only thing I can think of...

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#4 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:35 AM

Balls! I didn’t know the public could do that.

I bet that person that called you out has zero responsibility if you’re in the clear.

I assume you need to pay for and attend a testing session - then a fine if you don’t pass?

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#5 Asymmetry

Asymmetry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:50 PM

Probably pissed someone off. Cops would just pull you over id think

This

from your mods "MRT stainless 3" turbo back w/ divorced wastegate dumps." compared to modern cars that be loud. Especially early morning or night

I bet that person that called you out has zero responsibility if you’re in the clear.

I assume you need to pay for and attend a testing session - then a fine if you don’t pass?

Bennie

Yep they can, I did that to some tool in the area with a modified Harley. EPA defect 1 and then Highway patrol defect 2, big fine second time around. But the F360 that set off all the car alarms, that was fine music to my ears.

#6 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:23 PM

Bennie

fortunately - no, its just a warning at this point. Some crap about if another complaint is made, then we'll pull you in, yada yada.

All I can think of is someone got pissed at me in traffic, maybe I cut them off or something?  But I'm pretty laid back during the commute... no reason to get worked up about all the usual bullshit and blockages that goes on.

.. and its hardly as if the car screams hoon. It's a bog-standard looking outback with a stock-subtle  B4 hood scoop and a bit of a shiny exhaust tucked well under the bumper.  No big fart cannon hanging out like a whores drawers.

from your mods "MRT stainless 3" turbo back w/ divorced wastegate dumps." compared to modern cars that be loud. Especially early morning or night

yes - its got a bit of a burble.. but in near-peak traffic, who is going to be annoyed by it?

Must just be someone without a life.

#7 hoody2

hoody2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:23 PM

So what about some of the ear splitting motor bikes. Cops must be frightened of them.

BTW, Hi all. This is my first post... in at the deep end eh.

#8 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:48 PM

Probs some greeny tree hugging cubt that hates cars.

My car is very quiet compared to most of the other mexicans car that hang around in here,

but I still get funny looks from people when I drive past them, go figure eh !!

#9 MolostovVA

MolostovVA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:18 PM

the set of 6 lens will work on the 8904 but not the 8905 I purchased a 4mm lens for my 8905 from dealextreme, been 2 weeks so far, still waiting for it to come in the mail. When I install it, I will take pictures and post them here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users