• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Robcor64

Robcor64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

As many of you would be aware, Forester headlight seals are notorious for leaking (esp my 11/05 model). Up until recently, I have replaced my headlight bulb approx. 10 times in the last 18 months. After protracted searches and phone calls to purchase a secondhand replace at a reasonable price (avg price quoted - AUD $350.00) I had resigned myself to the fact that I would have to pay far more money than I wanted too or keep replacing the burnt out/blown bulbs. That was until recently, when I purchased an aerosol can of RUST-OLEUM LeakSeal clear flexible rubber coating sealant from Bunnings (AUD $15.90).
I followed the instructions on the tin, applied 2 coats along the top seal of the headlight, waited for it to cure and then used a black permanent marker for aesthetics. Now after approx. 5 months, numerous storms and weather events, car washes etc - not one bulb has burnt out/blown bulb.
I highly recommend anyone experiencing similar issues to try this very economical fix and save yourself over AUD $330.00 in purchasing a secondhand replacement headlight assembly.
I hope this may assist some of you.

Have a great day.

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users