• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SubiCraig911

SubiCraig911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:44 PM

Hella Horns.. I've bought a pair off Ebay and they've finally arrived today and came with a small relay in the box.

Just wondering if any of youse use that relay for installing the horns or do you think its best to use the relay thats already in the installed with the stock horns in the car?

its a 02' Gen3 Liberty if it helps.

Thanks, Craig

#2 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:15 PM

I unfortunately had Hella's on my Gen3.

I wired mine to the stock wiring harness connectors with spade connectors and electrical tape to stop it coming apart and protect a bit from water.

Some blokes reckon they are louder if re-wired to use the provided relay (30A from memory). But I never burnt out the stock relay (15/20A from memory) and it was fork off loud. Each to their own.

Edit: Just remembered, my father actually grabbed them from the bench when I sold my B4. They are wired to his Patrol, also directly to the stock wiring/relays.

#3 MolostovVA

MolostovVA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:38 AM

As you can see on the wiring schematic the FR-S has a horn relay. Thus an extra relay is not required since the system can take the new horns. Notice that both horns are protected by separate fuses rated at 7.5 Amps. The Hella supertones are rated at 6.5 Amps each.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users