3 replies to this topic

#1 Jackb

Jackb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:32 PM

Hello all,

I'm currently looking to purchase an impreza and am wondering why the same EJ20 makes different amounts of power in the 2.0i and 2.0i luxury (92 kW) and the 2.0R (118 kW).

Originally I thought that it was because the 2.0R revs to 7.5k RPM and makes the peak 118kW at 6.4kRPM, whereas I believed 2.0is only reved to 6.25k RPM and therefore made maximum power of 92kW at 5.6k. However, I've come across a number of 2.0is which rev to 7.5k RPM but have there power listed as 92kW. Since they are the same engine, and there is no tune listed in the additional features of the 2.0R I'm wondering if the higher reving 2.0is actually make the 118 and have an incorrect power listed. If not, could anyone explain to me where the added power comes from in the 2.0R? 

Thanks

Sorry if this is in the wrong place :)

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:08 PM

From memory the 2.0R engines have some trick heads to get some somewhat alright power. The plain 2L would be single cam economy rubbish

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Jackb

Jackb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:50 AM

From memory the 2.0R engines have some trick heads to get some somewhat alright power. The plain 2L would be single cam economy rubbish

Interesting, do you know why the rev limits change on the same model though?

Is there anywhere I can go to find more info than just carsguide?

Cheers for the reply.

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

No idea. Both will be slow. The R will be slightly less slow. Those are engine KW ratings. Take away at least 1/3 for at the wheels

A car review from back in the day might provide more useful info

tIeW8DE.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users