• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JonoTT

JonoTT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:48 PM

So got my car tuned couple weeks ago and getting 210wkw and 586nm (tuner said abit more than that as my car doesnt have speed cut or boost cut) with 15-16psi primary and 19-20psi when secondary comes on. Is this normal or am i just lucky? Turbos are vf33 primary and vf32 secondary, only mods iv done is hose 10, pod filter, gfb t9000 bov and the exhaust. Had new spark plugs, coil packs, hd clutch, starter motor done and the whole vacuum system (hoses and solenoids cleaned and tested) And yes these numbers went up slightly with the pod filter on. Im stoked with it but im worried it might go bang.

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:11 PM

Sounds about right. An old member Kong used to run that sort of boost. Dont think it ever broke

tIeW8DE.png

#3 JonoTT

JonoTT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:48 PM

Sweet as thanks Barbbachello, good to hear that it didnt break. I want to eventually get to 300hp+ with twins but that will take some saving.

#4 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 01 August 2019 - 06:45 PM

Kwatw sounds pretty high for a TT, Is it running on E85 ??

Who's dyno was that tuned on ?

If you go over 20 psi, it will blow up.

Just ask Josh in Adelaide, he ran 22psi and it went bang.

#5 JonoTT

JonoTT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

Beckers yup thats what the dyno sheet said, running 98ron. Tuner in NZ, and hasnt gone over 20psi but hits it when fanging it for afew seconds.

#6 JonoTT

JonoTT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:01 PM

And VOD is almost none existant when fanging it above 4500rpm. But it is still there just bugger all.

#7 JonoTT

JonoTT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:21 PM

My bad and apologies, just checked dyno sheet and its 199.1wkw not 210 but the tuner did say it will be more because my car doesnt have speed cut or boost cut, apologies once again.

#8 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:36 PM

Sounds about right. An old member Kong used to run that sort of boost. Dont think it ever broke

Yeah the engine coped but the gearbox didn't  :sarcastic:

I want to eventually get to 300hp+ with twins but that will take some saving.

That would take some major engineering, experimentation  and $$$.

Your turbos are pretty much maxed out at the moment and any future KW gains you could achieve would be very minimal. They just don't get much higher figures than what you have right now.

If you go over 20 psi, it will blow up.

Just ask Josh in Adelaide, he ran 22psi and it went bang.

Josh on the Central coast calls bullshit 

DSC_1508_zpse07344e8.jpg

My bad and apologies, just checked dyno sheet and its 199.1wkw not 210 but the tuner did say it will be more because my car doesnt have speed cut or boost cut, apologies once again.

The dyno may or may not be a little generous, but either way I'd say you're at the upper limit of what can be tuned and anything close to 200kw is a decent amount of power. Not to be sneezed at  ;)

#9 JonoTT

JonoTT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

Thanks all for the comments and info, yea i think 200wkw is as good as il get for now anyway. But im happy with it, it goes really good and surprises quite afew people when they give me the look at the lights or at 50kph cruising lol, maybe with money saved up il go for single turbo conversion. I apologize again for wrong wkw reading in my first post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users