2 replies to this topic

#1 Imprezed

Imprezed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:38 PM

Hi guys, been a while.

I've done a few recent mods to my car and I'm very happy.

Next thing is seats. My stock OEM ones are shit for corners. Was wondering if I can direct swap GD STIs or is there any info on what STI models can swap into my specific car, less hassle the better.

Thanks
Previous vehicles:

Red Audi A4 B6 2002 Quattro 1.8l Turbo, manual. (Sold)

Dark silver Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo 2005 BF, auto. Slightly lowered on king springs and munroe gt shocks. Genuine FPV boss 19" wheels on low profiles. Slotted rotors and bendix brakes. K&N panel filter. (Traded for current car)

#2 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:57 PM

Hey man, my family car is a GP Impreza.

Yeah the seats are pretty blah, but I find them ok. It's not a performance car. 

Your biggest worry is probably the airbags. You would need to make sure your replacements from an older model also have airbags, or you are making your car non-compliant by disabling airbags.

Next 2 issues are height and rails. I would look at 2008+ WRX seats as opposed to GD STi, but that is me assuming that they would be more compatible. You might need to go buy a shitty one from the wreckers to test fit.  

NASIOC is a US site that might shed more light on this issue, they tend to modify the vanilla models more than we do here. 

#3 Imprezed

Imprezed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:04 AM

Yeah mate, dont want to get any sparco, bride etc to avoid the airbag issue. I live in townsville so it's hard to source GJ seats. I'm looking to just swap them for seats with good support. The standards dont really work for me anymore. Delivery is so bloody expensive up here also. I guess I will have to keep on looking. Would be nice to get STI seats but.

I was looking at GP90s but I don't want to go the ricer path lol. Anyway I'd love to hear if there is anyone on the forum that has swapped GJ seats. I'm guessing you would also.

Cheers
Previous vehicles:

Red Audi A4 B6 2002 Quattro 1.8l Turbo, manual. (Sold)

Dark silver Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo 2005 BF, auto. Slightly lowered on king springs and munroe gt shocks. Genuine FPV boss 19" wheels on low profiles. Slotted rotors and bendix brakes. K&N panel filter. (Traded for current car)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users