#1 2006wrxcs9

2006wrxcs9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:01 PM

Hey there guys

Have a 2006 cs9 wrx

Tuned to e85 only, Front mount inter cooler, 1050x injectors, walbro intank fuel pump, pierburg 3 port solenoid, CAI, invidia n1 turbo back exhaust, GFB TMS response BOV, vf48 turbo, prospeed racing turbo inlet, exedy HD clutch, STI group n engine mounts, BPP external wastegate with screamer pipe, MCA street essentials green, 22mm front and rear swaybars with HD links, HD end links, Bridgestone protenza re003s on a very conservative tune at 220awkw

Gearbox is now on its way out (very quickly), going to replace it with hopefully an sti 6 speed conversion kit in the coming weeks

What Im mainly wondering is, with e85 only whats the power I could expect to achieve before the engine becomes at risk of blowing (heads machined and head gasket and all seals replaced with oem 5 months ago with 6,000kms)

I do a lot of spirited driving, never ever launch the car, and wouldnt mind taking it on a couple track days (very gentle and smooth driver, but like going quick)

Any advice would be very helpful as it can make around 270 awkw with the set up now, but I dont want to risk it Without for opinions as Ive head 350whp is the limit for reliability, but also heard 300, 400, 320, 370 so really curious

Thanks

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:42 PM

250kw is probably about as far as you want to push a stock 2.5

Turbo is basically maxed out as it is at your current level. 

Youre probably more likely to blow a ringland than a headgasket but who knows in 2.5 land

tIeW8DE.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users