MaxxHell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Driving my car =3

Posted 26 December 2019 - 12:58 PM

Where to start.

2010 Subaru Impreza STI SE

171k Miles and never had issues that could not be fixed. Until now.

About 3 months ago I was driving to work in traffic and my car felt odd.

Started to lose power and then on my way home from work it pretty much was in limp mode.

Bearly made it back, but it idle fine. still no power. I soon took it to a mechanic which they had it for nearly 2 months with no luck.  What they did do is the following. 

Did full trace and repair on the wires which they believed something was grounding out. then they replaced the Throttle Body with a refurb one and no change. At this point I should mention the codes they got. P0607 was they where basing it on. so after no luck, and 2 months I need to take it to Subaru dealer. see if they could help. No luck either. They replaced the Throttle body again, with a new part, and the pedal sensor. but still had the same issue.

Still stumped. 

So now I purchased a AP to see if maybe its a bad flash. or needed update. Since the Subaru dealership didn't even want to do because of liability. once I installed the new MAP, I got a new code the P0607 was gone. And now I only get P2101.

Its how I found this site. But the info was for a forester from 2004 post.  

Now I love this car. and now I am at a lost. so are 2 very confused mechanics and a Subaru Dealership. I have the relays that lead to this code. but like I said the info that I found is from 2004 and not entirely accurate. 

I will try and answer question asap. 

Thank you in advanced and for you time.

Reference:

P2101 Throttle Control Motor Circuit Range/Performance

P0607 Control module -performance problem

#2 bigBADbenny

bigBADbenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Family Photography Cars Bicycling

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:44 AM

Subarus own diagnostic process will be outlined in the FSM.
It covers all of the required tests, and is a good basis from which to do more research imho.

Always start with the fundamentals, eg thoroughly test your battery, grounds, alternator and work your way through.

http://forum.liberty...php?f=6&t=34980
MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP WAG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users