2 replies to this topic

#1 RedRocket13

RedRocket13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:35 PM

Hi Suby forums,

I'm about to buy me a second hand wagon for adventuring, liberty or outback? I work for a 4x4 accessories company and I'm likely to do a bit of offroading. On top of that I'm into hiking, mountain biking and adventuring so I'm likely to take it off the beaten path a bit. That being said I also like going fast (looking at you 6 cylinder liberty variant) and spend about two hours driving around on roads each day (I'll be getting a manual regardless of choice). My main questions are:

-Does the 09 Liberty wagon (potentially heritage) have D-range?
-Is it worth getting the 6 cylinder variant (either liberty or outback), or am I looking in the wrong place for a fun speedy car?

-Can I slap big all terrain tyres on the liberty or is that silly?

-Do the lift kits for the outback (nothing stupid, 1" or 2") also work ok on the liberty?

I really can't find that much info on taking the liberty's offroad and there must be a reason for this. The interior of the liberty's are nuts compared to the standard outbacks, so if there's very little difference between the two I'd prefer to have a liberty. 

Thanks so much for any help offered, I'm really struggling to find these answers so I thought I'd ask the pros. If someone helps me out heaps, I'll post a thread of my upgrade processes!

I'm planning on going petrol, sunroof and pre facelift fyi.

Cheers Legends!

#2 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:45 PM

Hi and welcome to SC,

Is the model you are after a gen 4 or gen 5, because an 09 model is probs a gen 4 but you mention preface, so makes me think you are looking at a gen5.

What country/state are you in ??

#3 Bryan1

Bryan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:32 PM

Doesn't the '09 Outback have the shrucken boot that as useless as tits on a bull ?? We went for the '05 for me 3litre 6 cyl with is a pocket rocket and for SWMBO a '06 Outback 4 cyl which runs on a smelly rag. Both will handle off road and I have taken my '06 around our farm after 60mm of rain fell and going thru the mud was just plain fun. SWMBO says she takes her's on the beach and no problems with getting bogged.

Both models have the large boot and they are more like a station wagon than a SUV.

Just our preference as the ones with a shrunken boot just don't look the goods.

Cheers Bryan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Liberty, Outback, vs, pick me a car please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users