• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bigm666

Bigm666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:24 PM

Hello there I know there's a bunch of clutch related posts but I feel mine is different.

Okay my car is early 95 WRX ej20 with TD05H
Pretty sure the gearbox and clutch is factory.

Car was driving fine and everything but then I had to put the car into storage and was not driven for like 6 months.

After 6 months I needed to move the car and noticed some issues with the clutch.

It would stick to the floor and would come up if I pressed it a few times. It would be intermittent issue not every time but lots 

Clutch would press in and stay there but it would come up if I pushed on it a few times.

I thought it would be the clutch but now I'm reading it could simply be air in the lines or bad master cylinder???

Would the fact the car was not used for months and stored affect the fluid in the clutch lines?

Should I get a professional to bleed the clutch or what do you think I don't want to go out and buy new master or slave if it's not needed?

Thank you sir.

​​​​​​​

#2 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 04 October 2020 - 11:19 AM

See post on RS lib ;)

And welcome to the forum!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#3 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2020 - 01:10 PM

Try this.
Bleed the clutch system with the slave cylinder pushrod depressed all the way in & clamp it there.
When all air is removed tighten the nipple, remove the clamp and guide the rod back to its position when your assistant depresses the clutch pedal.

If that doesn't fix your issue then you need your master looked at or replaced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users