• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#161 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 22 March 2024 - 10:19 PM

Fingers crossed that Cat does the job!

What sort of scan tool do you have? I need to scan the ECU in my turbo project to see what codes are there so I can figure out how to sort out the CEL that’s always on when the engine is running. The ECU is a SF series 2 GT.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#162 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 23 March 2024 - 07:46 AM

Its worked to a point Bennie, but for some reason its still picking up knock from somewhere. Running like an absolute pig at the moment and guzzling fuel. I've used half a tank to 200km travelled on 95, and the foot has to be well into it to go anywhere at the moment. All noise and no go...
Tidied up a few things in the shed and cleared some codes last night, but until I take it for a drive today, I'm not going to know if it's fixed anything. I know the codes for the two front oxy sensors are back again already, just by starting it last night, but I think I'm gonna pull all the heat shielding off the exhaust, it MIGHT be vibrating enough for the knock sensors to pick that up. The new cat is a bit smaller than the OEM one, so maybe the shielding is vibrating there. Trying lots of different things.

I've got a couple of different cables for talking to these things, but at the moment the only one that sorta works is the ELM327 one, which is really basic. Some light monitoring, and code reading, but nothing glorious. My tactrix doesn't seem to want to play on the 30D ecu. Definition files might not be there, but not sure on that.
Gen3 is a pain on this front. Picky SOB it is.
Tactrix should work well for you Bennie, I dont have too many issues on the sedan ecu, as its an 04 STi unit. Definition files are there for the turbo motors.

Anyways. Hopefully get some time in the shed to do some more tinkering today.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#163 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 23 March 2024 - 09:51 AM

Cant remember exactly what engine you have Bennie but if its got the GD style 2 piece intake manifold with top feed injectors itll be a piece of piss to read that ECU

tIeW8DE.png

#164 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 01 April 2024 - 08:15 AM

Got a VAG-COM KKL cable coming that suits freessm on the laptop. Once that arrives, I can interrogate the daylights out of the ECU and TCU, and figure out exactly whats making this SOB run like crap. Be it one of the oxy sensors, the replacement cat not having enough cells in it, or the TCU telling the ECU to torque limit, or if its just good old fashioned knock.

Auto is gonna be gone semi-soon, as I have some classic diff whine from something under the car. Not loud or obnoxious yet, but it's progressing.
5spd is in the process of being removed from the track car per the other thread, and will be shoehorned into this as soon as I have a spare bit of time.

Anyways. Nothing else really of note except the still running like crap. Got 320km to the full tank of 95, so economy is ratshit at the minute.

Anyways, catch ya's all later on.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users