#1 Dylan_

Dylan_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Veal Schnitzel.

Posted 22 February 2022 - 02:04 PM

Hey guys.

Ive owned a gen 1 outback on coilovers & two gen 3 outbacks on coilovers they drove and handled just like any other Subaru with cliche suspension mods like aftermarket sway bars and coilovers.

But I do remember seeing a thread on here years ago regarding all the information on whats required from a gen 3 liberty subframe front and rear to de lift a 1999- 2003 Gen 2 outback which Im looking to purchase one asap to build from scratch properly.

If anyone has the link to the old thread or if anyone has information based on whats required for the de lift that would be much appreciated ?

Thank you. X

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 22 February 2022 - 04:26 PM

http://www.subyclub....operly-inc-pns/

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Dylan_

Dylan_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 05:48 PM

Thanks buddy 🙏 much appreciated I knew it was there somewhere !

#4 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 23 February 2022 - 03:27 PM

This frustrates me. Not to not-pick, but there was no Gen1 Outback, they only came about in the Gen2 body shape. By labelling them Gen1 for the Gen2 Liberty body shape people really confuse things! I’ve noticed this more from ppl in the US than in Oz!

I think it just creates unnecessary confusion. Gen2 Liberty body shape = Gen2 Outback so on and so forth.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#5 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 23 February 2022 - 03:51 PM

^

tIeW8DE.png

#6 Dylan_

Dylan_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 February 2022 - 02:39 AM

I completely understand where you are coming from as I used to describe the outbacks by generation in comparison to the liberty in the same way you are describing from being on this forum for years and reading it that way and your right it does create confusion and for most people thats how its always been to describe the two by the same body style as there are a few differences between both cars which only Subaru people who know the years, models, variants & trim levels not only in this country of release but USDM & of course JDM models and variants which makes it even more confusing for all of us especially depending on where you live yet I still will stand with describing it the way I have up above as the outback as we all know was released in 1998 as a separate car in the range with differences over the liberty and is labeled as a 1st generation and not because its convenient for people to be confused, It is its first generation of its own kind in my eyes as I favour the differences in the outback over the liberty.

#7 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 25 June 2023 - 12:40 AM

This frustrates me. Not to not-pick, but there was no Gen1 Outback, they only came about in the Gen2 body shape. By labelling them Gen1 for the Gen2 Liberty body shape people really confuse things! I’ve noticed this more from ppl in the US than in Oz!

I think it just creates unnecessary confusion. Gen2 Liberty body shape = Gen2 Outback so on and so forth.

Cheers

Bennie

This. 100% agree

Its a BG or BH etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users