#1 Dylan_

Dylan_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Veal Schnitzel.

Posted 22 May 2023 - 04:52 PM

Hey guys.

Ive finally purchased coilovers for my 2002 BH outback. Ive always ran BC Br type coilovers in other all other subaru models that Ive owned over the years and never had an issue.

I ordered a set of legacy specific Bc Br 98-03 Be/bh coilovers. After installing them I noticed a thud/knock whist travelling over reasonable bumps nothing dramatic like a pothole but I definitely could tell straight away that the noise that is occurring isnt normal. Ive adjusted the preload to factory settings and then more so later on as I was still experiencing the noise. As well as the 17mm nut under the damper adjustment which seemed to be already rock solid tight from the factory.

Has anybody ran legacy coilovers of the same era and had any issues ? Cheers

Note : the wagon is completely factory and hasnt had a delift.

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 22 May 2023 - 06:10 PM

Outbacks have taller bump stops which on a gen 3 are attached to the body and contact the control arms

Assuming youve lowered the car without the full delift process id say youre hitting the bump stops

https://sl-i.net/FOR...ll=1#post264539

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 22 May 2023 - 11:45 PM

I had to remove my rear bump stops completely, mines delifted and lowered a bit. The coilovers have bump stops built into them, so it's no biggie

#4 Dylan_

Dylan_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Veal Schnitzel.

Posted 23 May 2023 - 03:08 PM

Sorry guys I should have mentioned there isnt much travel in the rear and the bumpstops have been removed at the time of install.

The knock is coming from the front coilovers. More so curious based on if anybody has ran the legacy specific bc br Coilovers with an extreme drop (shorter bodys) and had an issues based on knocking.

#5 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 23 May 2023 - 08:08 PM

The front engine lower tray can also hit the front tyres on full lock, depends on wheel and tyre combo fitted to the car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users