311 replies to this topic

#1 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

Hi all, Only a few pics of nothing you haven't seen before... It's not fast, it's not fearsome, but it is FINE!!!! :) Just did a quick whip-around on my way back to work from picking it up, all in all, I'm happy!!! Attached File  01_LHS-side.jpg   120.85KB   17 downloads Attached File  02_LHS-rear.jpg   150.04KB   25 downloads Attached File  03_Front.jpg   177.59KB   27 downloads Attached File  04_RHS-rear.jpg   146.95KB   22 downloads Attached File  05_EngineBay.jpg   140.09KB   26 downloads Attached File  06_Front-Interior.jpg   159.77KB   23 downloads Attached File  07_Front&Rear-Interior.jpg   163.92KB   19 downloads Attached File  08_RHS-front.jpg   171.12KB   13 downloads :D

#2 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

seems to be in awesome condition mate! Congrats

#3 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

congrats darren! must be a good feeling to finally get it home! ill 2nd tom, looks to be in great nick! worth every penny

IM47Gcv.jpg

#4 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

Yeh it really does look in good condition. How many kays does it have on the clock? And do you have any plans for it? Congrats ~ shiv

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#5 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

Nice one Darren! Looks like a good thing to build on. Cheers J

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#6 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

Thanks guys... One of the first things I noticed today when I saw it polished was that there are a few very small knuckles/barely dents on both sides (doors - from inconsiderate carpark patrons I expect), you can't even see them when looking 90' to it, but when you look down each side with about a 10' offset, you can see them. The side skirting is a little hammered (shoe scuffs and what not), and the bottom of the front spoiler has seen better days. The rear number plate is A1, but the front plate looks like it spent a semester at the panel beaters apprentice faculty at TAFE. :scratch_one-s_head: The interior is really nice though, however anyone taller 5"9' would have trouble fitting in the back seat without needing a sunroof to maintain posture. :sarcastic: There weren't any floor-mats in it, and I found that unbelievable given the carpet is in really good condition... Can I get special Suby mats??? Now I just have to work out what all the buttons do.. :scratch_one-s_head:

#7 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

Thanks guys...
One of the first things I noticed today when I saw it polished was that there are a few very small knuckles/barely dents on both sides (doors - from inconsiderate carpark patrons I expect), you can't even see them when looking 90' to it, but when you look down each side with about a 10' offset, you can see them.

The side skirting is a little hammered (shoe scuffs and what not), and the bottom of the front spoiler has seen better days. The rear number plate is A1, but the front plate looks like it spent a semester at the panel beaters apprentice faculty at TAFE. :scratch_one-s_head:

The interior is really nice though, however anyone taller 5"9' would have trouble fitting in the back seat without needing a sunroof to maintain posture. :sarcastic:

There weren't any floor-mats in it, and I found that unbelievable given the carpet is in really good condition...
Can I get special Suby mats???

Now I just have to work out what all the buttons do.. :scratch_one-s_head:

I'd just get the standard mats for your car as they'll look the best because of the colour and shape. Subaru still stock mats for the gen3 Liberty last time I checked. And they're surprisingly cheap for something new from Subaru.

#8 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

yea you'll get those dints/scratches/grazes with a 10 year old car. unless you're alex or mark!! :) genuine subaru mats can be found around the place but you'll pay for it! EDIT: Shiv's ninja post proved me wrong - might not cost too much:) just dont go looking for guard clips!!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#9 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:01 PM

How many kays does it have on the clock? And do you have any plans for it?
Congrats
~ shiv

It has 158K on it (new clutch + plate yesterday).
Umm, plans, not anything mechanical atm, I want to change over the woodgrain console but that's just cosmetic.

After coming from a 3.0L 6cyl. Skyline, I feel like I want more GO out of 0-3500 revs, from there and up it feels ok for me (responsive).... would you have any suggestions to gain ooomph at those low rev ranges?

#10 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

It has 158K on it (new clutch + plate yesterday).
Umm, plans, not anything mechanical atm, I want to change over the woodgrain console but that's just cosmetic.

After coming from a 3.0L 6cyl. Skyline, I feel like I want more GO out of 0-3500 revs, from there and up it feels ok for me (responsive).... would you have any suggestions to gain ooomph at those low rev ranges?

Give it a cold air intake and a 2.25" (optimal for your car) exhaust system and you'll find it more responsive. But don't expect any real change in outright power. Its pretty hard to extract much extra speed from these engines hence why I've left mine alone for the 2.5yrs I've owned it.

#11 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

have you done the CAI/resinatorectimy shiv?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#12 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:09 PM

have you done the CAI/resinatorectimy shiv?

Nah I figured that POWARRR !! button eliminates the need for one

#13 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

haha yea love that button! but dont the said 'projects' make it breathe better and enhance that sexy boxer noise?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#14 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:14 PM

What the hell is a resinatorectimy???
No, don't tell me, it sounds painful!

Oh, another thing, I think there is some kind of perspex headlight protector/cover over the headlights, they look old/soiled/foggy....
Is that normal? Replaceable?

#15 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:15 PM

congrats mate, as morgan said those bumps and what not are pretty std... just try not to look at em too much. Looks great, you must be stoked!

#16 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:15 PM

haha yea love that button!
but dont the said 'projects' make it breathe better and enhance that sexy boxer noise?

Combine the two of them and they do a pretty decent job, as per others accounts.

I have been tempted on several occations to do the resinatorectimy + exhaust mod and get some uneven length extractors (like the eBay ones that use to exist) to unlock that Suby rumble. But the eBay ones were for gen3's not gen2's I believe.

#17 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

What the hell is a resinatorectimy???
No, don't tell me, it sounds painful!

Oh, another thing, I think there is some kind of perspex headlight protector/cover over the headlights, they look old/soiled/foggy....
Is that normal? Replaceable?

The resinatorectimy is a procedure where the cars resonator/airbox is taken out. The car can usually go home the same day, much like getting an appendix removed.

I'd just take the headlight protectors off as you don't really need them unless you do a lot of highway/freeway driving. Looks better without 'em....

#18 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

haha it does sound painful!! but it is simply removing the resinator - from my understanding you remove the circled part (shown in pic???) you can take the headlight protectors off. clips should just be sitting inside the bonnet. though they could be glued onto the headlight. some sort of turps/metho should get the sticky stuff off. ive been thinking about mod too shiv. but not sure how to go about it. i think i dug up some DIYs for the gen3 but nothing for the gen2. will have to have a better look.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#19 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:24 PM

ive been thinking about mod too shiv. but not sure how to go about it. i think i dug up some DIYs for the gen3 but nothing for the gen2. will have to have a better look.

Yeh you should give it a shot. I'm pretty sure Mark did it on his AUDM gen2 some time back. But good luck using OzFails search function on that....

#20 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:26 PM

Please excuse my ignorance here.... What is a cold air intake? What does it do? How much is it? :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users