←  Body

Suby Club

»

Gen1 Bumper Removal

Bumpty's Photo Bumpty 19 Oct 2009

Just hoping for some advice of removing the front bumper off the gen1 (s2 with no fog lights etc). A mate and I are going to make a nudge bar for my lib, so it would be handy to be able to take the front bar off. Indicators/lights - need to come out? grill - needs to come out? Do we need to touch the front panels? And will it be about a 15min as we haven't done it before... or 2hrs! Cheers with a beer..

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 19 Oct 2009

Its a bit of a pain the first couple times you do it. Probably need someone wih small fingers and then a fairly long socket extension. Remove your inner gaurd from the wheel arches, that's a bit of a pain itself, try not to break all the black clips, might need to remove the mudflap too. A flashlight would be handy too right now and look in the gaurd. Between the bottom of the garud and the top of the bumper theirs 2 bolts there, theirs also a stud with a nut on it, it's right down the front, take that off, with the long extension. Do that on both sides. Then in the engine bay lift the carbon canister up from it's clip ( it slides in and out easily) and theirs two bolts in parrell or series next to each other, their 17 or 19mm remove them. Front bar should nearly be free, get under thr very front and their will be some bolts that join the front bar to the chassie, their. Fairly flat bolt and should have a Phillips head screw driver slot in them. Once their out the bumper should be free. Just take note of where everything comes out, keep all your bolts and nuts grouped! Nothing worst then be short on bolts because their been misplaced. I never pulled out my grill or headlights, indicators are one Phillips head screw so might aswell pull them out makes seeing a bit easier. Best of luck!

Bumpty's Photo Bumpty 04 Dec 2009

Cheers for the tips , this will be so much easier to do next time haha Had to take grill and lights/indicator out, can't see how you can get to get to the plastic screws along the top of the bumper without doing so.. And I Just bent my inner guards to get the difficult nuts, muchos easynessitivity! My bumper only had half its screws anyway before I touched it :D Its much firmer now with the nudgebar ;)

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 04 Dec 2009

Theirs 4 bolts in your engine bay that are for the reo, unbolt them then you don't need to remove the lights and grill

Bumpty's Photo Bumpty 04 Dec 2009

Ah nice, thats gone into the memory bank!