11 replies to this topic

#1 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

Hi, Recently noticed that if I get back into the car after a quick run into the shops or similar, the air vents, even with the system on off - are forcing out some very hot air. Like nasty hot. Is it probable that I have a split in the line somewhere and the heat is coming from the engine bay? Or is there something else I should look at? It goes away pretty quick if I blast the A/C - but it's a pain I'd rather live without. If I forget about it it becomes very steamy and unpleasant. Cheers, Nik

#2 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

Hi Nik, I get exactly that problem with our '03 FOZ. Like you said, it get cold fairly quickly but is annoying. I've tried pulling the glovebox out to watch the actuation of all the arms on the air/heater box and it all looked to be working well so I figured there's not much that can be done. If you find the problem, if there is one, please tell me the cure.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#3 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

Might be a long shot but could the heater tap (if it has one) not be shutting off. Im assuming a warm engine.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#4 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

mine does it.. i think its just the sun baking on the dash heating the air thats in the vents, as such when you turn the car on that just bursts out.. my manual even states when using the AC, open the windows to help the system purge the hot air in the system for the first minute or so on very hot days. but my climate control is smart, it always uses the window vent or floor vent when it first turns on so i never get it in the face.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#5 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:35 AM

so i never get it in the face.

Quote of the day right there, Ty!

I get that issue too, but it doesn't sound as bad as yours Frank and Nik. Does it continue to heat up? Some air seeps through in mine whilst driving normally, but if I bump the climate control down to 18*c and turn it off it never bothers me.

#6 thatsgoodsquishy

thatsgoodsquishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:45 AM

i get the same with the b4, drive it then park, then start it and you get really hot air, not pleasant in spring, let alone summer proper. Does FHI stand for Farkin Hot Inside?

#7 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

Hi, Eh! I forgot where I made this thread. I need to tweak my subsciption options. It seems it's a trait of the marque. Bugger. I don't get it from other cars. :/ Cheers, Nik

#8 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

It gets hot and steamy???? Throw in a couple of lapdancers and you have a great partyPosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

I had hot air coming into my cabin once upon a time also. Mine used to come out in blasts, especially whilst speeding up. It used to also come out in blasts whilst charging around corners too. Most prominent whilst driving twisty roads. And a funny noise would come out also. Almost like a shrill when it happened. I pulled out the vents and inspected behind the dash too, to find out what it was. I couldn't find it. I then discovered it was indeed my ex. So I dumped the slag. No more hot air. No more high pitched shrill. Much better now punting around corners! Bliss!

#10 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:21 AM

Funny how ex's can come back to haunt us..
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 YNT29T

YNT29T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:00 AM

Quote of the day right there, Ty!

I get that issue too, but it doesn't sound as bad as yours Frank and Nik. Does it continue to heat up? Some air seeps through in mine whilst driving normally, but if I bump the climate control down to 18*c and turn it off it never bothers me.

sounds similar to mine. If the aircon dial is in the hot then i get hot air coming in even with ac nd fan off. And if i turn the dial all the way into cold then i just get a normal breeze coming through

#12 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:00 AM

Hey boys, even my Euro does this, and so did my B4.. as stated above by codeburn3r, it's the dash sunbaking and warming the vent channels, much like when you leave the garden hose in the sun.. Also having the aircon on re-circulation can help as it's not directing air from the external vents that have been sunbaking too! Alex, in regards to your ex comment.. lol, You mustn't have been doing a good job, when I used to take corners there was nothing but silence in the cabin, the only sound was a gasp of relief when the corner was over.. and not from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users