←  Twin Turbo

Suby Club

»

Secondary cat

robt's Photo robt 16 Nov 2009

Hello peoples.
I was wondering if I should get the secondary cat cut out. It is the one that is just behind the Y join and I know it has a sensor in it.
I wasn't sure if it is a cat or just a resonator.
What to do?
Photos.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 16 Nov 2009

Then you will only have 1 cat on one of the dump pipes, so when its on primary (or secondary i forgot) it will be illegal... and its definately a Cat and not a Ressy :)

Yeah I thought so. I need to get all those welds cleaned up. I may go high flow cat instead.
I was looking at this and got thoughts
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
Look around 2 mins 20 secs

Yeah I thought so. I need to get all those welds cleaned up. I may go high flow cat instead.

Ive got a high flow cat after the y piece, and i was thinking about getting the first cat removed (the one straight after the turbo)

Would i notice any improvement in performance or noise?

You will get some more or better noise. BTW how much did you pay for your high flow cat?

You will get some more or better noise.
BTW how much did you pay for your high flow cat?

Not sure mate, was on it when i bought it.

Alex's Photo Alex 16 Nov 2009

remove the cat in the dump. keep/replace the cat at the y section merge. win.

ams's Photo ams 16 Nov 2009

I removed the first cat. Just running a single high-flow. Sounds/performs great.

Ericmcg's Photo Ericmcg 17 Nov 2009

This is how mine sounds with the second cat removed and just a custom 3inch centre pipe.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xt1b-hES0zU

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 17 Nov 2009

i took it to some random exhaust place this morning and they said sorry we cannot remove a factory fitted cat not matter if you have another one, he said he will get a 10 grand fine fork that ill take it to my normal exhaust place, theyll do it :P it should be legal because i still have another cat! bastard! and wouldnt i get the fine anyway not him?

Ericmcg's Photo Ericmcg 17 Nov 2009

I kept my original centre section with the cat in it in the garage so when the car needs to be tested for emmisions again next year i can just throw the old one back on for the test and then take it off again.

Billsy's Photo Billsy 17 Nov 2009

replace it with a hiflo cat and ditch the one in the dump pipe (if its still there) you can just disconnect the sensor as it does absolutely nothing except light up a light if it gets overtemp

ams's Photo ams 17 Nov 2009

They reconnected my o2 sensor further back where there was a bung-hole for it to live.

robt's Photo robt 17 Nov 2009

Lets say for instance I remove the cat and replace it with a section of pipe. With the sensor disconnected will I get any problems? After all I have another O2 sensor in the dump.

Billsy's Photo Billsy 18 Nov 2009

Lets say for instance I remove the cat and replace it with a section of pipe. With the sensor disconnected will I get any problems? After all I have another O2 sensor in the dump.

you wont have any issues, just disconnect the lead where it plugs into the loom near the clutch master. its only for a cat temp warning lamp.
i have both of mine disconnected as i dont have any cat temp sensors.

robt's Photo robt 18 Nov 2009

Getting it done Friday. Cheers Billsy.

JAZZIE's Photo JAZZIE 18 Nov 2009

Getting it done Friday. Cheers Billsy.

i have no kitty cats and i have bulk flamage :D i love my kitty-less car!!! still purrs like a kitten choking on a furrball tho!!!! :P

oh ps in WA its a 500 buck fine for no cat, a 5000 buck fine for a punched out cat!

robt's Photo robt 18 Nov 2009

Hey Jim. What have you got? I forgot but I think you have custom dumps. Cats? (Cats are the premiers :D)