#1 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

Electronics gurus! what do you think! I saw on rslc that someone took all te leds from their knock link and mounted them so they looked factoy. So i had a thought today to hide the box and mount the screen and controls remodely by extending the wires.. I've never seen inside the unit so i dont know what im up for.... what do you all think? AND if anyone has a busted Greddy Profec B Spec II that they wanna throw away to me id love to take it off your hands ;) So what do you guys reckon?

Posted Image

#2 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

its the black model so you may as well cut into one of the plastic panels and stick it in place. go to a wrecker and pick up same panel and do some modding :D

MY07 GT spec B

#3 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of buttons and knob in one of the blanks for the switches next to the steering wheel. and the lcd sreen in with the gages alonng the bottom of it :) Major surgery on the unit though. so im a bit wary of risking damage.

Posted Image

#4 thatsgoodsquishy

thatsgoodsquishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

I took mine apart before i installed it. Didnt pay particular attention to how the front controls/screen were linked to the circuit board but it looked like a mini computer in there. Was surprised by how much there was to it. Cant see theoretically why it couldn't be done though, but there would be a fair bit of fine desoldering/resoldering and stuffing around involved running wires to link it all together again. I reckon you would need to be super keen to bother, be a lot easier (but still painful) to custom mount the whole unit somewhere else i think. :drinks:

#5 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:01 AM

keep your EBC in one piece.

just mod your ash tray to suit.

install into there.

Posted Image

(credit to CRUISN for this idea)

#6 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:43 PM

Not dissin the idea, think its awesome, but i dont like the position of it. id like to be able to see whats going on when driving. if all else fails i think ill copy or leave it where it is for now :)

Posted Image

#7 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:11 PM

i see it whilst driving. i also have recall functions. after all. its just a boost controller. set and forget.

#8 thatsgoodsquishy

thatsgoodsquishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:23 PM

after all. its just a boost controller. set and forget.

+1, i only tweak mine twice a year, bit more boost for winter, bit less for summer. Other than that its out of sight in a door covered dash pocket. Ohh and an on/off switch in the power feed wire, kill it on the hot days (30c ish and above) and run a super safe 6psi wastegate pressure.

#9 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

i see it whilst driving.

i also have recall functions.

after all. its just a boost controller. set and forget.

Fair call, i guess i just have to get used to it!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users