#1 Kosti

Kosti

George Clooney's evil twin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

OK ladies,

It's time to flush the B4 with fresh oils & lubricates, but there are so many different oils on the market, I want to know which oils are used for what component and where to buy them here in Sydney.

I'll start this off, please continue it so we can build a suitable database for our Subies.

Car Component Oil Brand Reason for Use Where to Buy
------------- ------------- --------------------------------- -----------------------------
Engine Royal Purple Proven to be the best engine oil Indy [IS performace] Rockdale

Transmission NEO AFT Exceeds standard AFT oils Hard to find, google it

[I would like to know what's the BEST to use for the following]
>Power Steering
>Front & Rear Diff

Cheers
Kosti
I prefer TWINS!

Now anyone up for a friendly game ?

Posted Image

#2 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

Have had Fuch's Super Titan GTO 10w40 in for 3k now and I'm getting rid of it ASAP. Harder starting, excess fuel consumption, less power... engine generally just doesn't feel as good as when I was using Castrol Magnatec Professional 5w40. Only prob is, the Mag pro only comes in 20lt that you can't buy retail (was getting it thr my mech). Should I try and get the Mag pro that I know works or should I just go the Mobil 1 that can get at any supercrapbarnco?

#3 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

Funny enough, the Fuchs oil exactly the same as above worked wonders in my B4, I loved it.. But I still use Castrol Edge 10-40 Synthetic, in the B4 when I had it and the Euro now.. it's a good all round oil, and reasonably priced. As for power-steeting, I just used the normal Castrol Power-Steering fluid, it's all good.. For the Diff.. I used that one that comes in a can for the gearbox.. really pricey, but can't remember the name.. but for the manual, the same oil in the box is used in the rear diff too.. What was the name again!!!?? it's like the most expensive one you can get! (not redline or royal purrrpel) EDIT - The Diff / 5spd box fluid I used was NEO

#4 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

I'm running Fuchs 10w30 atm. Cant complain. I get an extra 60-70kms out of a tank as opposed to the old 10w40 it was running. Suits me fine as i'm doing alot of kms lately.

#5 jOhn-e

jOhn-e

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:I like cheese burgers !

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

Have used 15w 40 in my bug before and still using it in my evo now. Mr South swears by it and i havent had any issues with it as well.

Posted Image

For all Your Performance Work and Needs.

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#6 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

Have changed to Hitec 5w30, and after approx 1000k's I've gotta say the engine seems alot happier. Put Nulon full synth 75w90 in g/box & diff other day... good stuff, g/box is silky smooth now.

#7 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Hairstyles

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

I am really happy with Magnatec 10w40. Is is a good oil? What about auto tranny oils?

Posted Image

#8 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:F1, MOTO GP.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

As Buzzda stated above or a lot of suby owners go for the Smurf Blood , Redline Ligtweight Shock Proof
Nothing left to break .

#9 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

ENGINE: Penrite HPR10 10w-50, HPR5 in AVCS engines GEARBOX: MY PPG and PAR straight cut gearbox's i use Redline shock proof, In standard 5 and 6 speeds i use Penrite Lightweight 75 gear oil AUTO: Penrite Dexron III Or ATF MHP on later models FRONT DIFF: Penrite 80w 90 hypoid gear oil REAR DIFF: Penrite 80w 90 in open diffs, Or Limslip 90 in LSD's, However in my Plated rear LSD i use 80w90 as it does not contain the friction modifier like LSD oils, and makes my diff just abit more tighter, Howver noisier when it moves up the ramp angles.
MY02 Liberty B4

#10 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

10w60 Castrol Edge here.

MY07 GT spec B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users