71 replies to this topic

#1 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

In keeping with all of the crap threads and polls in this forum of recent times I thought I'd pipe up and voice my annoyance that this forum has become a giant chat room. I doubt highly that Paul has paid for the software to run this site in the hope of creating a site that is 55% General topic oriented and of that 80% is pure shit. MSN IS FREE PEOPLE, USE IT or CHAT(fail)BOX. How does a forum attract tecnical people when very little technical (moderately difficult) issues are discussed. What is sad is I'm currently rebuilding an EJ20G and I can't be bothered sharing my experiences on this forum as I don't believe it would change a thing because it's not about "Parking your car" or discussing "Manhood" in terms of the car someone drives. I mean seriously.................WTF is going on here!!!!!!!! :dash2:
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#2 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

I see subyclub as more of a social forum than a technical forum, this is it. there are too many other and already well established "Technical" subaru forums.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#3 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

Motor in the RS go pop ?

Stuff goes here

#4 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

I'm currently rebuilding an EJ20G and I can't be bothered sharing my experiences on this forum

No one is stopping you?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#5 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

No one is stopping you?

Frank is stating that it would be falling on deaf ears as you're all busy discussing parking techniques.

I'm with Frank.

Laters.

#6 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

Rarely visit. But its not hard to see what Franks on about... In short, Hit puberty already.
TSM

#7 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:51 AM

Ummm, yeah. Can't help but agree with Frank. Seriously, isn't someone doing something to their car or thinking about doing something or would like to discuss something interesting? We've got the general thread for useless information, no more crappy threads please!

#8 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:52 AM

A perfect example of what Frank is trying to say? Have a look at the home screen right now! Lol I need to share a technical / Honda story with the peeps, but Dylan won't give me my "other" car section! Haha love ya Franky!! What this engine build I'm hearing about???

#9 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:23 AM

In keeping with all of the crap threads and polls in this forum of recent times I thought I'd pipe up and voice my annoyance that this forum has become a giant chat room.
I doubt highly that Paul has paid for the software to run this site in the hope of creating a site that is 55% General topic oriented and of that 80% is pure shit.
MSN IS FREE PEOPLE, USE IT or CHAT(fail)BOX.
How does a forum attract tecnical people when very little technical (moderately difficult) issues are discussed.
What is sad is I'm currently rebuilding an EJ20G and I can't be bothered sharing my experiences on this forum as I don't believe it would change a thing because it's not about "Parking your car" or discussing "Manhood" in terms of the car someone drives.
I mean seriously.................WTF is going on here!!!!!!!! :dash2:

couldn't of said it better myself... there is severe lack of technical info on this forum way to much time is spent in the general thread...

I see subyclub as more of a social forum than a technical forum, this is it. there are too many other and already well established "Technical" subaru forums.

so what's wrong with having some technical information for this forum??? if new members are showing up here interested in finding out about their cars and all they see is a chat room that's not very inviting!

Frank is stating that it would be falling on deaf ears as you're all busy discussing parking techniques.

I'm with Frank.

Laters.

also agree. i do have a bit of knowledge on subaru whether it be turbo or NA having owned them for 5 years now so am more than willing to share info/help out if required...

MY07 GT spec B

#10 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

Well said..... your right, we all need to pick up our game in terms of what we post.

#11 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:23 AM

I too agree, As i've said before we will slowly build up the technical base, But since there is no-one on here that needs technical question answered at this time, we may as well keep up the General Chat to keep us occupied. How many years has Ozlib and RSLC been around compared to this site? They have thousands of more threads with thousands of more people, There is also a decent amount of tech info on here, but its just not recent, Have a search. Are we just meant to make up tech questions to help build the site? or to just have a pretty much inactive site because we aren't aloud to have general chit-chat? If i have a techical question to ask, I will.

#12 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:43 AM

Are we just meant to make up tech questions to help build the site? or to just have a pretty much inactive site because we aren't aloud to have general chit-chat?
If i have a techical question to ask, I will.

Good point... maybe just stick to the GT for chit-chat/boredom inspired questions. That way there'll still be 4-5 other threads visible.

#13 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:46 AM

Good point... maybe just stick to the GT for chit-chat/boredom inspired questions. That way there'll still be 4-5 other threads visible.

Then all it will be is a site that has 31275908712358972897 posts on the general thread, and none anywhere else

Mods, Feel free to delete both the parking thread and the Manhood thread, Cheers

#14 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:39 AM

Then all it will be is a site that has 31275908712358972897 posts on the general thread, and none anywhere else

Mods, Feel free to delete both the parking thread and the Manhood thread, Cheers

You have put it well, Tom. (Post #11)
As the OP for the everfailing parking thread, please delete it.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#15 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:51 AM

I was thinking this very thing also Frank. Well put. I usually check in here, and most of the time mark the General thread as read without even looking at it, browse down to find very little new tech and log out. I generally only post if i feel i have something worthwhile to contribute.

OEM+

#16 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:19 AM

You have put it well, Tom. (Post #11)
As the OP for the everfailing parking thread, please delete it.

I think the general discussion section should be related to general car information. move the general thread to an off-topic area for jokes/off topic/spam. will make the forum a lot tidier...

for eg. new cars get released posted about in the general section but the new info gets pushed down due to the general thread and other spam topics...

MY07 GT spec B

#17 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:22 AM

well, im planning on either an as close to 300hp as possible rebuild/forging of the RS motor or continuing investigations into a 2.35ltr. Both are currently vaild options for me, just waiting to $ave up a $mall amount of extra fund$ and the fun time$ begin. When it comes time to share.. Guess where i'm sharing.. here. thats right *blows raspberry*

Stuff goes here

#18 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:23 AM

When it comes time to share.. Guess where i'm sharing.. here. thats right *blows raspberry*

We can always count on you Mr. Richo ;)

#19 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:33 AM

100% agree with frank here There was one stage where I hadn't visited the site for about 2 weeks and when I did, the same threads were on the home page and none of them ahd anything to do with subyclub let alone subaru's

#20 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

I post if I have done something to my car :D.. there is tech stuff on here.... search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users