• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:07 AM

I post if I have done something to my car :D.. there is tech stuff on here.... search

Maybe we need a home page with a million recent threads, Then there will be some tech stuff on the home page.

#22 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

No doubt my opinion will be discarded here, but I'll add my 2 cents. Personally I think this site fills a niche well. There are already plenty of Subaru-specific forums with everything you'll ever need to know, but Subyclub provides a place for like-minded individuals to talk about what ever, car related or not. Obviously you all like the niche that Subyclub has somehow nestled in to or you wouldn't spend so much time here. What's the problem?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#23 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

No doubt my opinion will be discarded here, but I'll add my 2 cents. Personally I think this site fills a niche well. There are already plenty of Subaru-specific forums with everything you'll ever need to know, but Subyclub provides a place for like-minded individuals to talk about what ever, car related or not.
Obviously you all like the niche that Subyclub has somehow nestled in to or you wouldn't spend so much time here. What's the problem?

Nice sum-up there Luke, I agree (surprisingly) If i want technical stuff i use the search function in Ozlib, RSLC and Rexnet,
This site doesn't need to try and fit in like the rest,
I love the random threads and chat, Make me wan't to come online more (the Mrs always complains that i'm on here so often)

#24 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

+ yeah agree xon.. I don't think there is a real problem with this site.. its good fun.. maybe we could start posting a few more tech threads, I might do a few this weekend

#25 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:06 PM

If you don't like it:

Posted Image

#26 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

All well and good, but doesnt reading the same gay jokes get old?
TSM

#27 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

the Mrs always complains that i'm on here so often

Haha saaame.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#28 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

Nice sum-up there Luke, I agree (surprisingly) If i want technical stuff i use the search function in Ozlib, RSLC and Rexnet,
This site doesn't need to try and fit in like the rest,
I love the random threads and chat, Make me wan't to come online more (the Mrs always complains that i'm on here so often)

That is exactly what I'm sure the Admin of this site want to hear. :dash2:
It's the spamming and constant off topic that is truly draining on this site. It's like Tristan never left.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#29 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

It's the spamming and constant off topic that is truly draining on this site. It's like Tristan never left.

Since when is this site draining? Its had more use than ever.

#30 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

i wrote a mad rant. but i deleted it. what's the use? meh. i haven't got anything nice to say. so i'm not going to say anything.

#31 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

Well Alex you said you were with Frank before and he has taken the time and effort to provide some really decent constructive critisim. I've exchanged a few messages with him and what he had to say has been really insightful and I am glad that he took the time to bring this up, and that I have had a chance to talk with him. If you can't be bothered typing it here for all to see mate I would be more than happy to lend an ear to chew next time I swing by !

#32 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

don't bother.

#33 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

i haven't got anything nice to say.

so i'm not going to say anything.

OH MAH GAWD! are you feeling sick today Alex?
Heat got to you?
:flag_of_truce: :sarcastic:

I do think the large number of pointless threads has got a bit too much over the holidays but we have been on holiday after all, shit will be spoken, beers will be had, more crap is spoken.

As suggested though, we are still a young community in the scheme of things.
we have some decent info here but being hidden amongst pages of crap discourages people from posting in it or it gets lost.

realistically i dont think this site will ever be a highly technical site. it may have the occasional tech topic but it will never catch up with sites like rslc, sl-i, clubsub, and nasioc (even ozlib is going to have trouble getting the tech info side of things back due to everyone jumping boat when they changed format)

i would suggest that if someone does find some info or starts a build, post a thread, let us know. its only a few clicks to copy the thread from elsewhere and get it up over here, i have done it a few times. sure it may seem slack but in reality its slack not to do it as you are not making an effort to contribute.

not directing this at the OP just a overall statement. i myself dont visit RSLC unless i need technical info. but i visit here daily just to see what my fellow lib owners are doing and to have a chat with people that share common interests.
just cut the bullshit threads :flag_of_truce:

i know huge rant but, Morgan, don't feel bad, i thought the parking thread was quite novel, although i liked the way Aek was going with it.. photos of the craziest parking you can do, and get away with lol would have been a laugh., but i think i win parking off a cliff :P

Essay over,
Ty
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#34 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

Thanks Ty! Haha! The parking thread was just supposed to be a bit of fun. People seem to have blown it bigger than it needs to be but meh. Close it, delete it doesnt bother me... Yes I think you do win the best parking spot!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#35 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

Essay over,
Ty

It's alright, I didn't read it, I couldn't stop staring at your Avatar :P

#36 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

quoted to bring this to attention again... less jibber jabber and more ON-topic threads about why we are here... our cars.

MY07 GT spec B

#37 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

quoted to bring this to attention again... less jibber jabber and more ON-topic threads about why we are here... our cars.

Alexxx, don't get me wrong, I love the banter and the social aspect this forum provides, and a forum like this should provide for more than just "car talk". I've even caught a flight to Sydney for a surprise meet with the boys at Hooters. So the social aspect is very important to me (had a ball by the way).
That was always one of the primary focuses when talk of this new forum started, as was less stringent post/thread moderation.
I'm just expressing my views as to why people with expertise would avoid the site, and as this is a car forum (it's not called GossipClub or SpamClub) we need people with real knowledge to help out on these boards.
I believe the only way to do that is clean it up a bit around here and make it conducive to a greater audience.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#38 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

Yup, its all a bit conversational around here but I actually like that. Plus we've just wrapped up the festive season so you can expect a bit more chit chat going on this time of year... I look at some of the other clubs and they don't really have a place where people who are stuck at work can just say "hey, hows everyone going?". I like that about here, but I think the correct balance needs to be found. That said; this place does need more discussion of Subaru's and tech topics etc. But that'll come with a larger member base over time. Until then, we should enjoy this club for its 'small forum' feel and not rate it so critically. Afterall, one of the reasons it was established was for a more relaxed and social community. BTW - could we get the chatbox fixed already?? That was a neat feature and took a lot of the chit chat out of the General Thread.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#39 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

You people are all dildos. Thought I'd get your attention :) let me straighten all this out as an outsider now... If your car doesn't blow up, it starts, it drives and your not looking at modding, then what threads do we write and start? And if someone does start one with the opening line being "I was thinking.." then we all sit there and flame them for being dreamers i.e Tristan. This forum is great, people mingle and chat and there is no cross-eyed tossers like jovan on here anymore=win. You all forget this site is a COMMUNITY and not a MECHANICS MANUAL... Who would come on here and how would you ever meet fellow users if this place was just a tech forum??? And don't say that's not what you meant, cause you all know you do.. All the above is not directed at anyone in particular, I haven't been here in ages but I still take a gander as it's fun!! I know no cnut on the Honda forums cause they are setup as cold tech places just as you want this to be!

#40 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

Alexxx, don't get me wrong, I love the banter and the social aspect this forum provides, and a forum like this should provide for more than just "car talk". I've even caught a flight to Sydney for a surprise meet with the boys at Hooters. So the social aspect is very important to me (had a ball by the way).
That was always one of the primary focuses when talk of this new forum started, as was less stringent post/thread moderation.
I'm just expressing my views as to why people with expertise would avoid the site, and as this is a car forum (it's not called GossipClub or SpamClub) we need people with real knowledge to help out on these boards.
I believe the only way to do that is clean it up a bit around here and make it conducive to a greater audience.

i know exactly where your coming from, i was just saying less thats all.

You people are all dildos.

Thought I'd get your attention :)

let me straighten all this out as an outsider now...

If your car doesn't blow up, it starts, it drives and your not looking at modding, then what threads do we write and start? And if someone does start one with the opening line being "I was thinking.." then we all sit there and flame them for being dreamers i.e Tristan.

This forum is great, people mingle and chat and there is no cross-eyed tossers like jovan on here anymore=win.

You all forget this site is a COMMUNITY and not a MECHANICS MANUAL... Who would come on here and how would you ever meet fellow users if this place was just a tech forum??? And don't say that's not what you meant, cause you all know you do..

All the above is not directed at anyone in particular, I haven't been here in ages but I still take a gander as it's fun!! I know no cnut on the Honda forums cause they are setup as cold tech places just as you want this to be!

i can nearly guarentee everyone on this forum modifies their cars, otherwise they wouldnt be here :D

of course you need a social part to it to be able to work well as a forum and help other members out, but at the moment the social FAR outweighs the technical/car aspect of the forum thats all.

MY07 GT spec B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users