#41 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

Don't get me wrong lad I know where your coming from, but the standard of what people classify as a mod has changed drastically from 5 years ago... Putting bigger wheels on your car is more an expression of your arabic-ness rather than a mod, same as putting led parkers shows your true ricer Asian colours (lol I feel like being politically incorrect today). To the general public now (car public) i personally wouldn't classify anything as a mod unless it got you atleast 30 more kw or cost you more than 5k.. Pod filters aren't mods.. Either are hid's, LEDs, subs, speakers, etc.. What you did to your old wagon was a mod, what frank does is a mod, what I did was a mod, same as other alex, Dylan,Kosti, Tristan etc... But you don't do these eveyday to have constant threads about it.. Get what I mean? Eg a car running 12sec is bucket slow now days.. 5 years ago you were king running 12s

#42 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:39 PM

If badge engineering counts as Modifcations then sure :D Got a point Brendan. I guess what people might want to look into is vehicle blogs. It can be interesting at very least.
TSM

#43 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hi, Shame on all of us for just chilling out and conversing on the internet. Shame, shame, shame. Cheers, Nik

#44 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

Hi Paul! Hi Nik! I guess my points have come across here?

#45 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:55 AM

lol. Subyclub has always had a "Mothers club" vibe about it...
TSM

#46 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

Go to the Honda forums!!! So far.. - I can't post in for sale cause my rep points aren't high enough. - I get my posts deleted when I swear - I get my posts deleted the moment I or anyone slanders Honda or the car itself!! Hence why I come here to chill in the community, and help with whatever knowledge j have..

#47 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

I'm thinking about putting a H6 in my car...... KIDDING!

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#48 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

Commo forums are good. Rip shreds from anyone, so long as you don't swear or give death threats you're set.
TSM

#49 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

Communist forums?

#50 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

In keeping with all of the crap threads and polls in this forum of recent times I thought I'd pipe up and voice my annoyance that this forum has become a giant chat room.
I doubt highly that Paul has paid for the software to run this site in the hope of creating a site that is 55% General topic oriented and of that 80% is pure shit.
MSN IS FREE PEOPLE, USE IT or CHAT(fail)BOX.
How does a forum attract tecnical people when very little technical (moderately difficult) issues are discussed.
What is sad is I'm currently rebuilding an EJ20G and I can't be bothered sharing my experiences on this forum as I don't believe it would change a thing because it's not about "Parking your car" or discussing "Manhood" in terms of the car someone drives.
I mean seriously.................WTF is going on here!!!!!!!! :dash2:

This is what OZliberty had happen to it. Full of shit and mumbo jumbo. Then all of a sudden another forum was created by some unhappy members.

The funny thing is, that all the people that talked crap on OZliberty, Moved to this site. Therefore creating the same mess

I liked the initiative that Paul/suprauc had when this place started up, DIY's and provided alot of technical Stuff (mainly copied from RSLC) but it was still more of an effort that anyone else has done..
MY02 Liberty B4

#51 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

We're still working on it, Lance :)

#52 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

I didnt copy shit!. It was all my own, Those guys have done everything so its hard to not have the same information considering they're the same vehicles.
TSM

#53 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

Lance, go jam it you bought someones car that was already built, and before that your mum and a mechanic built the car.. What diy have you provided that YOU have done that's original or different? Wiper blade change? You love rslc so much ? Stay there, you love ozlib? Stay there.. This place is fine and has made it's ground as it's own personality and not copying other forums to compete.

#54 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

oh yay... argueing on the internet. Shaddap!
TSM

#55 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

Lance, go jam it

you bought someones car that was already built, and before that your mum and a mechanic built the car..

What diy have you provided that YOU have done that's original or different? Wiper blade change?

You love rslc so much ? Stay there, you love ozlib? Stay there.. This place is fine and has made it's ground as it's own personality and not copying other forums to compete.

Jesus, Where the hell did that come from?

But ill answer you,

I bought my car NOT RUNNING/NO START and with a busted gearbox, Which I Replaced Myself with my PPG gearbox, All shafts, and Plated rear diff. The Broken Straight cut gearbox i will rebuild when i get some spare time after work, and either keep it as a spare or sell it. I Also rectified the no start problem (cam timing out like no tomorrow) and Car the runs beautifully. Then I Did the front and rear Brembo conversion by my self. Not to mention all normal bullshit servicing and general replacement of worn/broken parts

And the fact that im not even 6 months away from being a fully qualified Mechanic. I think im more than capable of doing things myself mate.

Ill put my input into this site if you guys want it, ill help the majority of you guys with any questions you have.

"I love OZliberty", I dont fucken think so, I Have not been on there for 2 years!!!
as for RSLC, if you dont live in Adelaide. then your an outsider.

What frank brought up was very true, There is Alot of silly stuff that would be better kept off the forum and shared elsewhere. Its the Technical side of things that need to be stepped up a notch. Its a Subaru Club guys, Organise Cruises, DIY days, DYNO days, Skid pan days, and other car related stuff. From there the social side will come out and drinks nights and BBQ's is where all the shit can be told.

The main problem with EVERY forum is that we only know each other from the Internet, So we Judge people from how we interpret them by what they type. If We got out more often then we can actually see if people are taking the piss or not, and what people are capable of.

So for fucks sake guys.. Lets bring this club forward and really put some effort in and have some fun.
MY02 Liberty B4

#56 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

Jesus, Where the hell did that come from?

But ill answer you,

I bought my car NOT RUNNING/NO START and with a busted gearbox, Which I Replaced Myself with my PPG gearbox, All shafts, and Plated rear diff. The Broken Straight cut gearbox i will rebuild when i get some spare time after work, and either keep it as a spare or sell it. I Also rectified the no start problem (cam timing out like no tomorrow) and Car the runs beautifully. Then I Did the front and rear Brembo conversion by my self. Not to mention all normal bullshit servicing and general replacement of worn/broken parts

And the fact that im not even 6 months away from being a fully qualified Mechanic. I think im more than capable of doing things myself mate.

Ill put my input into this site if you guys want it, ill help the majority of you guys with any questions you have.

"I love OZliberty", I dont fucken think so, I Have not been on there for 2 years!!!
as for RSLC, if you dont live in Adelaide. then your an outsider.

What frank brought up was very true, There is Alot of silly stuff that would be better kept off the forum and shared elsewhere. Its the Technical side of things that need to be stepped up a notch. Its a Subaru Club guys, Organise Cruises, DIY days, DYNO days, Skid pan days, and other car related stuff. From there the social side will come out and drinks nights and BBQ's is where all the shit can be told.

The main problem with EVERY forum is that we only know each other from the Internet, So we Judge people from how we interpret them by what they type. If We got out more often then we can actually see if people are taking the piss or not, and what people are capable of.

So for fucks sake guys.. Lets bring this club forward and really put some effort in and have some fun.

Bingo!!!!
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#57 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

Some interesting and valid points raised here. I believe that SC has filled the niche as a social haven for Suby lovers. While this is OK and I enjoy it, I think we run the risk of becoming a site filled with very little substance. Perhaps we needs to think a little more about what we have and what we want. Personally a little more direction towards technical threads/posts would be great, but without loosing the easy going feel we have now. Pretty much echoing what has already been said, just wanted to chuck in my two cents. Cheers

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#58 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:12 AM

Sorry guys but why are you still arguing about this? If you want technical content, post some technical content. Eventually the others will follow suite. As far as I can tell admin here have given you free reign to post what you want, it's not like they're deleting your tech posts, which means the direction the site takes is 100% up to you. Stop posting about what you want it to be, and start making it what you want it to be.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#59 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:14 AM

Again. Agreed. Why do we need an identity crisis all of a sudden, Delete this thread (as it's only adding to the junk) and carry on.

#60 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

Hello concerned citizens. I would like to let you all know that I have created an Off Topic area and have moved some topics there. This will allow the 'general discussion' area to be used for Subaru / automotive discussion, and the off topic area (Anything goes) will be the new home for the general thread and other such topics. Thoughts ? I would like to hear feedback on this. Dylan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users