←  Twin Turbo

Suby Club

»

Latest 'Bling Mods' / Rice

hawks_123's Photo hawks_123 10 Jan 2010

Hey everyone i just thought i'd post up a few pics of mods that me and a mate have done over
the holidays.
Any constructive critisisim would be great.

1st was painting of the brake calipers in Gold.
Ended up being quite a job, lot's of scrubbing off of baked in brake dust and degreaser.
And Plenty of inhaled paint fumes.
We did it properly by taking the calipers off, and the best part was that the brakes still
worked when i put it all back together :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

2nd was Installing some small driving lights.
When i did the FMIC i had to remove the useless little driving lamps in the Bar.
These two small lights now have 100 watts in each, with high beam on i'm projecting near 400w
of light :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Morgan's Photo Morgan 10 Jan 2010

Looks good mate. I did my calipers gold too and though its not everyones cup of tea i rekon it looks great. Especially with the darker colour of your rims, and the green of my car :)

Good job with the spotties too. Does the grille hinder any light?

Posted Image

robt's Photo robt 10 Jan 2010

Give me back my wheels you muthatrucker! Oh and gold :negative: They will be brown soon with dust. But thats my opinion and if you are happy then great.

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 10 Jan 2010

gold look surprisingly good! now you know what you can do... GET YOUR GEAR BOOT! lol

Hypnotic's Photo Hypnotic 10 Jan 2010

not one for the gold calipers however i think the driving lamps look awesome. wanna trade wheels :lol:

Guest_aurelius_* 10 Jan 2010

Loving the gold calipers.

Evil_VZ-T's Photo Evil_VZ-T 10 Jan 2010

Good idea with the Fog lights..I was thinking of doing something similar to what you did. I hate having no Fog lights:( Your car looks great with the Gloss Black wheels too.

hawks_123's Photo hawks_123 10 Jan 2010

Good job with the spotties too. Does the grille hinder any light?

Na doesn't really seem to. Although the 100 waters send out a bit of heat so i try not to leave them on for two long if i'm stopped. It's not often that they would need to be on when stopped anyway.

now you know what you can do...
GET YOUR GEAR BOOT! lol

Oh yeah :D

I've got this week off, send me your address i'll pick them up,
i think your pretty close to me.

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 11 Jan 2010

I like it :D Something different than the usual Red, I think you need your B4 fog light covers back on though, They look better than the GX ones and you can show off some intercooler piping ;)

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 11 Jan 2010

Nice and stealthy with the driving lights Hawks. :) Notice any difference with engine temp? Sorry, but you can keep the gold calipers. Black is my colour of choice.

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 11 Jan 2010

Notice any difference with engine temp?

I was wondering about this also, Probably not noticable though, The lights are pretty small

hawks_123's Photo hawks_123 11 Jan 2010

I like it :D Something different than the usual Red,

I think you need your B4 fog light covers back on though, They look better than the GX ones and you can show off some intercooler piping ;)

Well the problem is one of the B4 covers fell out. Would have looked dodgy with one new and the other old. But i also think that it looks a bit messy with empty holes where driving lights are.

Nice and stealthy with the driving lights Hawks. :)
Notice any difference with engine temp?

Na never noticed any difference

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 11 Jan 2010

Na never noticed any difference

Cool.
(Pun intended!)
:D