←  Electrical/Electronics

Suby Club

»

Dual DIN Touch Screen

DukeNik'em's Photo DukeNik'em 16 Jan 2010

Any guys have a Dual DIN Unit installed, I'm talking about the touch screen type, like the pairing between Tomtom and ?Pioneer?, just unsure if I install one or not, want it mainly for GPS, but also good sound. Need some advice on practicality and perhaps any good systems out there. Clarion is my brand of choice but can't ignore any other big names. Nik.

Morgan's Photo Morgan 16 Jan 2010

Chris (SUBARU) does. And loves it!

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 16 Jan 2010

Ive got the clarion MAX686BT . Bought it for $700 brand new (rrp 1600) from lifestyle store parramatta over a yr ago... Doesnt have gps even though it has the option on screen.... I just connect my n97 through the aux and it shows it on screen. I bought it more for the bluetooth ipod connectivity and sound. Cant complain for a good quailty $700 2Din touch screen

XXB4XX's Photo XXB4XX 16 Jan 2010

Kosti has a carpc in his b4.. pretty cool

natho's Photo natho 16 Jan 2010

i did the carpc thing in my rx a few years back. it was ok but it turns out quite expensive, and i got sick of only having a touchscreen - it was useless in the sun, and trying to change volume while driving was a pain. yes there are things you can do about both of those but at an extra expense. i just put a pioneer avic f310 in my b4. it's a very basic unit with only a 4" screen. it doesn't do video playback, and doesn't have a dvd drive. but it has gps, ipod control, and bluetooth. cost me $700. screen is still hard to read in the sunlight but at least there is a knob for volume control. gps works quite well. as someone who works in IT for a living i don't want to spend all my spare time playing around with computers, including carpcs. i say get some sort of integrated unit unless you always want to be fiddling with different software, etc.

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 16 Jan 2010

Yep, got a Pioneer system with gps, DVD, sd card, Bluetooth for mobile, iPod interface, reverse camera and some other bells and whistles. It's awesome. I originally had it installed in the gen3, but it's all sitting in the dining room now, waiting to be installed in the gen4. Can't wait to have it back in there. Get one, you won't regret it.

DukeNik'em's Photo DukeNik'em 16 Jan 2010

i just put a pioneer avic f310 in my b4. it's a very basic unit with only a 4" screen. it doesn't do video playback, and doesn't have a dvd drive. but it has gps, ipod control, and bluetooth. cost me $700. screen is still hard to read in the sunlight but at least there is a knob for volume control. gps works quite well.

Pioneer is looking good, I've got their catalogue here and they do some pretty good screen units, some with knobs and buttons down the side and a sizable screen, I'm not in it for watching DVDs, I mainly like the interactive controls, and a big GPS screen installed beats sticking my Navman to the windscreen. Just wanted to hear it from other users whether it's a wise choice or not. I'll knuckle down and get some research done and let you boys know how it goes, thanks for the help so far.

Nick

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 17 Jan 2010

A wise choice??? A reckon a gps unit stuck on the windscreen is unsafe compared to an in dash unit. I've got the pioneer 900 series and it has a good combo of touchscreen and dials.

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 03 May 2010

Bumping an old thread, ive found this.... http://www.pioneer.c...VIC F310BT.aspx