9 replies to this topic

#1 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:06 PM

hey everyone, so basically as the title states i have heater gurgle and its giving me the sh!ts. i flushed the core out yesterday and that didnt work it was clean as a whistle, and today i did that thing were you jack the front of the car up, take the radiator cap off and let the car run till the coolant stops bubbling, i got like 3 or 4 bubbles and thats it and the heater gurgle is still there!! could it not of worked cause the car wasnt jacked up enough? anyone got and other ideas short of taking the core out because i really do not want to do that. as always, any help much appreciated. cheers ash

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#2 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

Did you have the heater set to hot and the heater fan going flat out when you were bleeding it with the cap off? Also there is a little plastic screw cap on the opposite side of the radiator, undo this also. Did the cooling fans come on? Sometimes it may take a few goes.

OEM+

#3 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

ahhhhhh...........no :D. wasnt told to do that other stuff lol. ill give it a crack tomorrow. A/C on? cooling fans didnt come on no. thanks mate

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#4 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

i swear my fans don't come on unless my A/C is on...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#5 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:24 PM

i swear my fans don't come on unless my A/C is on...

same! and then your engine starts to cool down?

#6 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

same! and then your engine starts to cool down?

nope...

it used to do that...

the thermostat was stuck open, constantly pumping coolant through the engine, thus cooling it down...

i think there could be something wrong with my temperature sender...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#7 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

nope...

it used to do that...

the thermostat was stuck open, constantly pumping coolant through the engine, thus cooling it down...

i think there could be something wrong with my temperature sender...

ahhh right so it would stay warm with the a/c off but once u turned on the a/c it cooled down? no?

any fault codes?

#8 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:54 PM

Blaeven there could well be a problem with your temperature sender. The temp sender will: A. Cause the fans to operate incorrectly. B. Cause bad fuel economy due to the ECU no knowing that the engine has warmed up, and therefore not getting out of the cold idle circuit. I think the both of you have similar issues. I purchased a new temperature sender from Subaru for $54. You have to replace the 2 wire brown ECU sender. The other is a single wire sender for the gauge. They're side by side on the coolant cross pipe, to the left hand side of the throttle body. (From the drivers seat.)
TSM

#9 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

so is it a hard job to replace soop? so it'll fix the shit economy im getting and let me use the a/c as well? sounds good to me! would you consider this to be more likely the part thats causing the problem or is the o2 sensor doing it?

#10 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

It could be either mate. But in light of the fact that you don't think your thermo fans are functioning correctly, i would hazard a guess at it being the temp sender. Its not hard to replace, just fiddly.
TSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users