←  Electrical/Electronics

Suby Club

»

OBD1

robt's Photo robt 06 Feb 2010

Well I have a spare ECU so I am going to get an OBD1 cable from vincentvega see what my car is doing like naif did but with my TT. I want to see if I can change some of the values and alter some bits and pieces. As I have a Mines in my car now I will leave that one alone. Just a quick question. ROM id's. Thats the tricky bit. Anyone know what it is for a Jecs 9H TT ecu?

Dylan's Photo Dylan 06 Feb 2010

Rob, not too sure myself but give this link a try.

If you have a EVOScan and a compatible cable you might be able to get that ROM ID.

Dylan

XXB4XX's Photo XXB4XX 06 Feb 2010

Can I be the old grandfather here.. Dude be careful fiddling around in there, you can cause some major damage if you get some of those values wrong, especially once you start playing with the AFR's.. I know your gonna want to lean it out for extra power, but remember Subaru engines are prone to pinging themselves to death as it is!! Book some dyno time in for yourself after your final tune when your happy, not so much for jiggawatts but for your AF ratios..

alexGT's Photo alexGT 06 Feb 2010

Can I be the old grandfather here..

Dude be careful fiddling around in there, you can cause some major damage if you get some of those values wrong, especially once you start playing with the AFR's.. I know your gonna want to lean it out for extra power, but remember Subaru engines are prone to pinging themselves to death as it is!!

Book some dyno time in for yourself after your final tune when your happy, not so much for jiggawatts but for your AF ratios..

i think he is just trying to monitor vitals not actually tune the car, i dont think that this is possible with the obd1 ECU's.

<3 OBD2 can do sooo much with it.

robt's Photo robt 06 Feb 2010

Yes I want to do my own datascan of whats going on. Then I may change some values down the track. I really don't need to get anymore performance out of it as the mines chip does enough without a ping problem but I am probably on the limit.