←  Electrical/Electronics

Suby Club

»

Subaru Headlight Globes Special.

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 16 Mar 2010

Was just looking around and stumbled across the Subaru Headlight upgrade again and thought i would post the link. http://www.subaru.co...upgrade-globes/ they are just Subaru packaged Phillips globes but they are cheaper than the local Supercrap or Autobarn and they are really good globes! i wish i could find the hidden link for when they were half the price (it was a mistake on the website) but they had to honour it was on the site. I have had the Platinum globes now called Performance plus in my Gen1 for 3 years if not a bit longer and they are excellent, very white also for appearance but still a high Lumen output globe. which means looks good and performs well. in the Gen2 i have the Vision Plus and although not as white they are really good out when doing long trips or in the rain.

Shiv's Photo Shiv 16 Mar 2010

That is good value. I run the Phillips "+80" on my highbeam and I certainly noticed the difference when I changed over. But HIDs FTW :yahoo: Its like day and night difference...no really, it is :P

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 16 Mar 2010

Yeah, HID's are on the cards now, just need to find a decent brand, also need to decide between 4700k and 5000k i dont want the blue tint just pure white if not a tiny bit yellow. anyway thats not the point, i would still suggest these for anyone without projectors or who doesn't want to go HID

ams's Photo ams 16 Mar 2010

I think i've got whatever is above the 5000k HID's (80000???) and I honestly could not suggest anything better. I am ecstatically happy with them. Not too blue, not too white. Do it, or regret.

Shiv's Photo Shiv 16 Mar 2010

Yeah, HID's are on the cards now, just need to find a decent brand, also need to decide between 4700k and 5000k
i dont want the blue tint just pure white if not a tiny bit yellow. anyway thats not the point, i would still suggest these for anyone without projectors or who doesn't want to go HID

Pure white you say? 4300K is the way to go...

I had them in my OEM reflector headlights and then again when I got the JDM projectors and have never thought of changing. Light output is at its absolute maximum at 4300K, hence most Euro cars have something between 4300K-5000K stock.

Ty, I could PM you a picture of my headlights if you want just let me know. And also Sydneysiders, I got the hook-ups for HID kits if anyones interested. They're out of the same factory as the Philips ones, just rebranded...

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 17 Mar 2010

Hi, Lost a headlight yesterday, timely thread. Thanks mate. Rep for you. Cheers, Nik

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 17 Mar 2010

6000k is the step up from 4300k 4300k is still has a bit of a yelowish tinge to it. 6000k has the whitest output and only has a bluish appearance when they are initially switched on and "warming up". I've had 4300k and 6000k on both the gen3 and gen4 - 6000k ftw.