• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

There is a distinct lack of threads in the impreza section so I better do my part.

Bought my rex last july and have not stopped modding it since, that is until now. I am finally finished the bits and pieces I wanted to do (for now). Feedback/Comments welcome. It now handles as well as it goes and is great fun to drive.

Engine/Driveline
-Stock EJ25T
-GTPS02 (TD0520G8cm)
-Process West TMIC Kit
-Hypertec 3" TBE with 2.5" Diffback Twin tip muffler
-STi Waterspray Kit
-Walbro GSS432 Fuel Pump
-Tuned Via Matt @ Benchmark Tuning
-STi Short Shifter
-PERRIN Catch Can

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres:
-H&R Sport Lowering Springs (35mm)
-Whiteline 22mm Adjustable RSB with Alloy Links
-Stock rotors w/ QFM HPX pads F&R.
-18x8.5 +44 Rota DPT in Gunmetal
-235/40/18 Kuhmo KU-31
-McGard Black Spline Drive nuts

Interior/Sound
-Leather interior
-Alpine X305 Head Unit
-Kicker KS60.2 Splits running off JL Audio E2150 amp
-Pioneer 306C Sub running off Response 2x150 @ 500wrms

Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

MY07 GT spec B

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

Love it Alex, those rims are really nice and the car is clean simple and looks great. Restores my confidence that the pig noses can actually look good!

You run her on a dyno yet?

#3 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

Very nice...good job!

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#4 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

Nice ride overall Alex, tidy and stock looking, love it. Though clean/paint or remove the towbar ;) its drew my attention. and polish the zorst :P Also your camera lens has a spot on it :)

Posted Image

#5 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

Love it Alex, those rims are really nice and the car is clean simple and looks great. Restores my confidence that the pig noses can actually look good!

You run her on a dyno yet?

been on the dyno with an incorrect tune :) its not tuned for dyno, its been purely tuned on the road. conditions change VASTLY on the dyno such as intake temps/engine loads and actually car conditions while its on the road. however going by the logs it makes 15.5psi at just over 3000rpm, which is quite good consider how big this turbo is. FYI the GTPS02 is rated to 440hp or so. and the sad thing is its not even in its efficiency zone, apparently these things really light up above 20psi!! when it comes time to put some forgies in i'll be whacking up the boost :diablo:

and also it is substantionally quicker than my brothers my03 wrx which has 193kw atw.

Nice ride overall Alex, tidy and stock looking, love it.

Though clean/paint or remove the towbar ;) its drew my attention. and polish the zorst :P

Also your camera lens has a spot on it :)

probably needs a paint. i'm leaving it on there incase someone whacks me up from behind.

fussy fussy! wheres the spot i cant see it??

MY07 GT spec B

#6 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

You really like those '31s don't you! ;) Anyway, those rims look the goods. Nice work...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#7 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

You really like those '31s don't you! ;)

Anyway, those rims look the goods. Nice work...

I had a set of KU36's on hold for me but the wheels did not arrive in time. Because of this there are no KU36 left in Oz till mid July and be stuffed if I'm waiting that long!

KU31's are good rubber. Esp with 235's makes a big difference, I can still light them up though :)

MY07 GT spec B

#8 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:22 PM

been on the dyno with an incorrect tune :) its not tuned for dyno, its been purely tuned on the road. conditions change VASTLY on the dyno such as intake temps/engine loads and actually car conditions while its on the road. however going by the logs it makes 15.5psi at just over 3000rpm, which is quite good consider how big this turbo is. FYI the GTPS02 is rated to 440hp or so. and the sad thing is its not even in its efficiency zone, apparently these things really light up above 20psi!! when it comes time to put some forgies in i'll be whacking up the boost :diablo:

and also it is substantionally quicker than my brothers my03 wrx which has 193kw atw.

Yeah was just curious at rough figures mate, sounds like it's a big step up from your liberty. You can still get KU36's from ebay I think.

#9 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

haha someone has to be fussy :) and the dot isnt in all of them but some ist there. i did a cruise one day with a bit of dust in the slr, was a major pain when i got home and looked at the photos and saw it there in every one! so its best i dont tell you :) ive had thoughts of converting to the dark side, saw a nice black rexy today.

Posted Image

#10 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

Yeah was just curious at rough figures mate, sounds like it's a big step up from your liberty. You can still get KU36's from ebay I think.

At a guess its around the 200 mark. When I hit WSID up soon i'll have a better idea.

I called up all shops, even the Kuhmo distributors. Can get 225/40's but they are too skinny on the 8.5" wheel, 245/35 but thats too wide and will scrub out. As i said wasn't going to wait till July :D

MY07 GT spec B

#11 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

At a guess its around the 200 mark. When I hit WSID up soon i'll have a better idea.

I called up all shops, even the Kuhmo distributors. Can get 225/40's but they are too skinny on the 8.5" wheel, 245/35 but thats too wide and will scrub out. As i said wasn't going to wait till July :D

ohh right sorry my bad - forgot you're running wider tyres ;) I was thinking 225 's !

#12 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

Those rims are sweet. Needs some extra camber on the fronts to make it hoter, not much.. just a little. Dyl - Black, silver and blue pignoses are hot. As for the power, do tell (interest). My car, which is road tuned aswell, made 204hp on a roller and does 102mph down the 1/4 and from the best I can research, that is fairly bang on for the power. Seems like you're having fun with it, keep it up

Stuff goes here

#13 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:58 AM

Those rims are sweet. Needs some extra camber on the fronts to make it hoter, not much.. just a little. Dyl - Black, silver and blue pignoses are hot.

As for the power, do tell (interest). My car, which is road tuned aswell, made 204hp on a roller and does 102mph down the 1/4 and from the best I can research, that is fairly bang on for the power.

Seems like you're having fun with it, keep it up

rear is running -2 and front is -1. qtr mile is always a good indicator of power, whereas its pretty easy to fudge a dyno. its how it drives on the road also not on the rollers :D

MY07 GT spec B

#14 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image

Stuff goes here

#15 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

That's sexy mate. Needs to be abit lower though

#16 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

any lower and it will scrub out everywhere, this is the exact height i wanted absolutely stoked with it. also have a front lip to put on so already going to be a fair bit lower at the front!!! thanks for the comments guys! i know its no liberty :unsure:

MY07 GT spec B

#17 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

Looks awesome mate, Gun metal looks like the way I will head aswell :drinks:

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#18 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Very nice indeed, sounds like alot of fun!

#19 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

Good looks and well sorted. Can't ask for much more. Not really a fan of dark rims but seems to work with that colour.......kinda. :P

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#20 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

Great example of a pignose! are you going for the STI lip? colour coded? hopefully i can join the pignose club next year :) oh are you going on the rexnet cruise to wisemens ferry?

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users