←  Electrical/Electronics

Suby Club

»

Brant Alarm problem

tommyboy's Photo tommyboy 07 May 2010

hi guys i have had a few problems of late with my Brant Alarm and just like to know if theres a way you can bypass it? what happens is when im driving down the road the car will just shut off with the alarm armed with no dash lights or anything on. so i will have to pull over pull the key out unlock it and then start the car again. also sometime the car i will enter the pin code hear a click and the dash lights wont come on and i will b unable to start the car. so can i bypass how and how much? also is htere anywayone good in the west subs of melb that can do it for me?

alexGT's Photo alexGT 07 May 2010

hi guys i have had a few problems of late with my Brant Alarm and just like to know if theres a way you can bypass it?
what happens is when im driving down the road the car will just shut off with the alarm armed with no dash lights or anything on. so i will have to pull over pull the key out unlock it and then start the car again.
also sometime the car i will enter the pin code hear a click and the dash lights wont come on and i will b unable to start the car.
so can i bypass how and how much?
also is htere anywayone good in the west subs of melb that can do it for me?

you need to pull apart the module and resolder some connections. you must have a b4 i take it which is one of the older brandt models. connections go dry after a while and resoldering them fixes it up most of the time. check on rexnet for a DIY.

tommyboy's Photo tommyboy 08 May 2010

you need to pull apart the module and resolder some connections. you must have a b4 i take it which is one of the older brandt models. connections go dry after a while and resoldering them fixes it up most of the time. check on rexnet for a DIY.

thanks buddy i will have a look right now
:)

alexGT's Photo alexGT 08 May 2010

this is the thread, but warning, do at your own risk!!! be very careful not to heat up the board too much as it is quite easy to damage. http://www.rexnet.co...106320&hl=brant