6 replies to this topic

#1 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

hey guys looking at getting a few new lights for the RS, i'd like to get some LED parkers, LED number plate lights, LED interior Lights, i'd also like HID's for hi and low beam, and something better in the fog lights.. If anyway knows the bulb types of any of these it'd be muchly appreciated\ Mark

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#2 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:53 AM

Interior and exterior LEDs are all over ebay. After my recent experience, i advise you get SMD LEDs (not the LED bulbs) 99% of cars have wedge parkers. However, the A-C Gen3 had bayonets so its probably best to check what your car has You're probably best to have a look at what your headlights take as well. The Gen2s are H4 hi/lo but the Gen3s are H7. Not sure what the prezzas are. I would suggest leaving your hi beam the standard halogen globe (unless its H4 then you cant help it!) Because of the time they take to heat up, its not the best idea to have them in hi beam - for flashing purposes... Licence plate globes are wedge (same as most parkers) Interior map lights are festoon globes (these come in a range of sizes - best to take yours out and check) Ebay has a range of various LEDs that will fit in your interior ceiling light. Also a good idea to take off the cover and see what will best fit in there too.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#3 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

Tried LED interior globes..........never again! Couldn't see a thing.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#4 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

Tried LED interior globes..........never again!

Couldn't see a thing.

Saame! the Mrs hated them. Made skin look all pastey!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#5 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

They do take a bit of getting use too, but mine are definately brighter than stock. And when they're all on, its seriously bright in there. Mark I got some LED parkers and LED licence plate lights I don't need. You can have 'em if you want?

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#6 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

awwww yeah, are you gonna be at the hooters meet shiv? i'll buy you a few beers :) Checked owners manual and... headlights are H4 60/55w parker lights, rear number plate lights and side turning lights are W5W, them wedge kinds

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#7 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

I'm not sure I can be there this month but worst case, I could always chuck it in the mail for you if your desperate ;)

If you got H4's...you can get hi/lo xenon bulb. Just be warned, although the high beam is bright, due to the nature of the bulb, its not aimed very high at all. I dunno if thats particularly important/relevant to you but its worth noting.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users