7 replies to this topic

#1 Claydog

Claydog

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:45 PM

OK, I'll go first. I own a 07 XT which had Yokohama Geolanders fitted as OE,they were noisey as hell. Put up with them for 40 000 deafening km,now fitted Goodyear excellence. What a difference it has mad to the noise levels,you can actually talk to the other person in the passenger seat.

#2 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:13 PM

yea i had some other crappy budget firestone things on my old car, new one has the standard liberty fittout potenza's huge diff. its amazing how much actual difference there is between the tyres :S
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#3 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

I have Federal 595SS's, they're noisy as hell as well. They do their job rather well how ever.
TSM

#4 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

OK, I'll go first.
I own a 07 XT which had Yokohama Geolanders fitted as OE,they were noisey as hell.
Put up with them for 40 000 deafening km,now fitted Goodyear excellence.
What a difference it has mad to the noise levels,you can actually talk to the other person in the passenger seat.

I love the Geolanders on our XT and they are wearing really well. Maybe they are a bit harder compound and as such a bit noiser?
How much were the goodyears, how long have you had them, and are they wearing well?
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#5 Claydog

Claydog

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

I love the Geolanders on our XT and they are wearing really well. Maybe they are a bit harder compound and as such a bit noiser?
How much were the goodyears, how long have you had them, and are they wearing well?

Leasecar Frank will let you know!

#6 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

ive got geolanders on my outback, and i have no issue with noise. they have to be 16's same as on the outbacks, but the 99 fozza we have has yokos on it as well but not the geolanders a cheaper yoko but still no noise and works well. the 05 fozza how ever has dunlops on it and still no issues what so ever with noise, but i do say the 05 is a tad more noisier when going down the freeway then the 99 fozzas were, could be just the case of them using different insulating matterials?

#7 Claydog

Claydog

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

Frank,I paid $210/tyre at Beaurepair, through Leaseplan.
Have done 10k on them already,still like new!!!!

#8 Ricardo

Ricardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

HAHAHA... Aren't they known as 'geosquealers'! :rolleyes: I'm running the 17's off the lib gt on the wifes foz gt, and the handling improved out of sight... If you come to the conclusion that you aren't really going properly off road why not go across to a proper road tyre... The next trick will be a white line for the rear... Then front if need be, but i'd doubt it. Then if the mood still strikes me I might bring it down to earth with some stock wrx struts, but I think we like the gutter clearance real high like now... Soooo different to a lowered lib... ##cue front bar scraping noises### :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users