• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:15 AM

after many many many many many many more hours of fault finding with subaru, and all of the mechanics at zupps.. they are again clutching at straws as to what is wrong with my car... best way i could "demonstrate" the issues was to come to a complete stop, take off in first, then to 2nd, still sitting around 20kmph, the plant my foot... my car surges, it is very very doughy and lethargic and as much as i dream about having a turbo, when the car decides it wants to work, the power kicking in feels like a tarbo hitting the powerban. this is basically the problem that i have had the whole 18 months ive been fighting with subaru about it... once it was proven the car was doing it, we swapped over, and the tech drove.. and it again done it with him driving.... not only in 2nd gear, 1st, 3rd and 4th... i was then taken back to the "waiting room" where i have spent more time in there than i think some of the rejected magazines have, and he drove it again with one of the foreman.. come back around 15 mins later... telling me that what it is doing, is a characteristic of the car!! BULLCRAP.... if any of your brisneylanders wanna come for a drive, and see for yourself that this is a characteristic of the car, then i will accept it, but after spending over 35 weeks fixing the bloody thing, this is now how they are getting out of it. has any one else had this sort of problem?? am i just being had... again... or is this something with some form of legitimacy. if i have confused anyone with the detail, let me know, ill have another go at rephrasing it...
he who laughs last .. thinks slowest....

TEAM BLUE OVAL

Posted Image[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:14 AM

so, they're saying its a characteristic of the gen4 3.0r H6 to be lethargic, surge in power and only be a decent drive if you happen to be in the correct power band/rpms at the time ? How far have you taken this (I know its been going on for a while, i just have not read all your thread(s)) ? Is there an industry ombudsman or can you complain to any form of regulatory body ?

Stuff goes here

#3 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:02 AM

so, they're saying its a characteristic of the gen4 3.0r H6 to be lethargic, surge in power and only be a decent drive if you happen to be in the correct power band/rpms at the time ?

How far have you taken this (I know its been going on for a while, i just have not read all your thread(s)) ? Is there an industry ombudsman or can you complain to any form of regulatory body ?

Richo, Kurt has a 2.5 and he's tried everyone right to the top.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#4 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:34 AM

thanks franky but yeah richo your right.. they are now after all this work saying its the cars characteristics.

TEAM BLUE OVAL

#5 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:35 AM

would love to drive ur car man and see wtf you mean, with mine there is a big difference in the power band but usualy anything over 1500-2000k rpm is fine, then again mine is the 3.0. with the surging does it only happen at low rpm? wtb video of rev's !!
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#6 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

Four letters for you.... ACCC Or, at least threaten that your are going to the ACCC or have already lodged a complaint. That might spark some action. Also, if they claim its a common characteristic, ask them to demonstrate this by letting you drive one of their demo models, or go to the showroom and pretend you're interested in upgrading and go for a test drive. Once you've done this, you'll be able to determine whether your car is a dud with positive evidence!

#7 liberty3

liberty3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

my ej22 is doing something the same...i was told it could be eather the AFM or O2 sensor....have not done eather yet as car only does 5k a week at most
get to the point before i stop caring

#8 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

my ej22 is doing something the same...i was told it could be eather the AFM or O2 sensor....have not done eather yet as car only does 5k a week at most

Are you related to Tristan by chance?? hahaha :D

5k a week!?!?!? jebus

#9 liberty3

liberty3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

lol....nah its just my play toy...the sedan is the main run around car....to be honest i really dont know why i keep it...pay rego and it just sits most of the time.. :scratch_one-s_head:

#10 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:07 AM

Do you literally travel 5 klms a week? Cos I read it as 5,000 klms a week. Isn't that what 5k means?

#11 liberty3

liberty3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:18 AM

oh ok...sorry....yeah i ment only 5 klms a week...Tristan does 5000klms a week...does he ever get out of the car?

#12 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

Mines doing this at the moment, pretty sure its the o2 sensor though. Will be getting it replaced soon, and if it still does it, hopefully warranty covers it! I really hope its not the clutch slipping.

#13 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

trust me im happy to let anyone drive the dang thing, cause its baffled everyone so far. and to be honest, there is no consistency of when it happens.. and when he says its a characteristic of subarus.. i too questioned driving others.. he says no, its characteristic to a car this age, with this many kms on it.. i said... so.. what.. mine?? he said yeah... i said... you idiot... back to havng to fight jim mccabe for it now (state service manager) who has already spent many hours on it him self

TEAM BLUE OVAL

#14 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

er its still under warranty and they are saying its a characteristic of a car that age? ROFL> f**k off. has it always done this man???
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#15 liberty3

liberty3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

thats machenic speak for....f**ked if i know but try and swollow this load of crap.....there fitter n turners [nothing against fitters] as they hook up a pc and change what it say to change...if your car does not put out a code then thier stuffed cos noone tought them how to think i should also say that does not cover every machenic but i have with my limited knowlage even had to show a machenic or 2 how to do stuff to find a problem....think many of us may have had that happen

#16 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:50 PM

thats machenic speak for....f**ked if i know but try and swollow this load of crap.....there fitter n turners [nothing against fitters] as they hook up a pc and change what it say to change...if your car does not put out a code then thier stuffed cos noone tought them how to think

i should also say that does not cover every machenic but i have with my limited knowlage even had to show a machenic or 2 how to do stuff to find a problem....think many of us may have had that happen

half of what you said is true....but kurt if you drive the thing down when you move to the riff ill be more then happy to have a look at it for you, and ill be writing a letter for ya of whats stuffed on the car to subaru. i also know that riff subaru is **** and will tell you the samething as they are f**ked and couldnt diagnose a rooted AFM ona GEN1 wagon they bought it to my work...they even tryed to get code out of it and still didnt find the issue...but i say department of fair trading is the way to go or even the NEWS...

#17 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

thanks gents, the car is just out of warranty so i am on thier "goodwill" policy.. which i told them outright is a crock of shit... i said see how long it takes you to blame this issue on something else.. they are now telling me that cause zupps are only a franchise of subaru, that the head foreman is asking why my car has been coming back. they are sick of seeing it and have gone every round about way to say im a liar. and that they are on the verge of cutting me free cause im starting to cost the company money.. hello you dead shits. this is what i have been saying for the 18 months that i have been fighting this... my car is a lemon. buy mine off me, give me another one and i will call it square... when will they realise that the constant man hours, parts and labour are going to end up costing more than what the car does!! am i the only one that sees this or what!! hoping not to have it much longer tho, i am becoming confident that it wil be gone... legally of course, no i dont plan on buring it etc to do an insurance job.. lol.. but fingers crossed.. thanks again for the help and support lads..

TEAM BLUE OVAL

#18 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

thanks gents,

the car is just out of warranty so i am on thier "goodwill" policy.. which i told them outright is a crock of shit... i said see how long it takes you to blame this issue on something else..

they are now telling me that cause zupps are only a franchise of subaru, that the head foreman is asking why my car has been coming back. they are sick of seeing it and have gone every round about way to say im a liar. and that they are on the verge of cutting me free cause im starting to cost the company money..

hello you dead shits. this is what i have been saying for the 18 months that i have been fighting this... my car is a lemon. buy mine off me, give me another one and i will call it square... when will they realise that the constant man hours, parts and labour are going to end up costing more than what the car does!! am i the only one that sees this or what!!

hoping not to have it much longer tho, i am becoming confident that it wil be gone... legally of course, no i dont plan on buring it etc to do an insurance job.. lol..

but fingers crossed..

thanks again for the help and support lads..

I am seriously surprised that your keen on another Subaru after this f*ck up!
I admire your resilience.

This saga reinforces my belief that factory warranties aren't worth a lick of sh!t. And a scam to keep fools coming back and paying top dollar to have their oil changed and their car scratched by the dip sh!t apprentice.

Pay the premium for a private Mechanic, and get the job done. Rather than pay the premium and get substandard service i say. Either that or do it yourself.
TSM

#19 liberty3

liberty3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:43 PM

pay the premium for a private Mechanic, and get the job done. Rather than pay the premium and get substandard service i say. Either that or do it yourself.

well said...sums it up niclely....seems to be the guys working in there own shop that give a toss..i just realised i know a guy that builds and races his own drag cars....i could post his details if its ok?...he is in brissy

#20 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:43 PM

Tristan does 5000klms a week...does he ever get out of the car?

do i know you??

Are you related to Tristan by chance?? hahaha :D

HAI!!!

:lol:

2mmwi1w.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users