←  Electrical/Electronics

Suby Club

»

adaptor?

AussieTemplar's Photo AussieTemplar 18 Feb 2011

Hey guys,

Was putting a new head unit in this arvo. Get it all in there etc, was excited it would just slide right in no sweat and plug and play, seeing as the previous owner had installed a headunit, all the soldering of the wires would be done.

Long story short, my new headunit has more pins on it than the other one did. Can I buy an adaptor that goes from x-pins to y-pins? Otherwise I'm going to have to resolder all the cables again which I really cant be forked :sarcastic: . I know it's inevitable, but if there is an adaptor that could just plug into the main bunch then into my headunit it'd be great. Cheers.

New headunit is a JVC KDR-616.

Cheers, Nick.

alexGT's Photo alexGT 18 Feb 2011

aerpro makes harnesses for OEM - ISO (universal) then from ISO - head unit brand (sony, pioneer etc).

harnesses are around $15 each

aerpro makes harnesses for OEM - ISO (universal) then from ISO - head unit brand (sony, pioneer etc).

harnesses are around $15 each

Sweet! Where can I find them?

EDIT: found their website, anyone retail?

Shaz's Photo Shaz 18 Feb 2011

If the OEM head unit has been previously ditched in favor of an aftermarket, you might find that the OEM > ISO won't work as its been changed originally.
It will be cheaper and easier, with less forking around to cut, and resolder man. Then you will also know you've done it properly as well.

If the previous unit was an OEM one however, what alexxxxxx said would be the go.

Cheers,
Shazza

Thanks guys, I guess I'll just end up resoldering it all when I have the time hahahaha. HSC year is a great year to become obsessed with modding cars isn't it!

alexGT's Photo alexGT 18 Feb 2011

If the OEM head unit has been previously ditched in favor of an aftermarket, you might find that the OEM > ISO won't work as its been changed originally.
It will be cheaper and easier, with less forking around to cut, and resolder man. Then you will also know you've done it properly as well.

If the previous unit was an OEM one however, what alexxxxxx said would be the go.

Cheers,
Shazza

usually the OEM RADIO harness will be cut which is the harness from the cars harness to the factory head unit. you will be able to tell just by looking behind the deck if there is still a plug there you will be able to use OEM - ISO plug.

repco sells aerpro. pretty sure supercheap also does.

AussieTemplar's Photo AussieTemplar 19 Feb 2011

usually the OEM RADIO harness will be cut which is the harness from the cars harness to the factory head unit. you will be able to tell just by looking behind the deck if there is still a plug there you will be able to use OEM - ISO plug.

repco sells aerpro. pretty sure supercheap also does.

Cheers, ended up pickin up two harnesses: OEM - ISO -> ISO - JVC! Works a treat!

Nick