#21 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

You welding up your own cage? Gonna be cool when its finished!

Posted Image

#22 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

very cool mate!

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#23 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:motorbikes motard and enduro. racing subies

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

You welding up your own cage? Gonna be cool when its finished!

yeh making my own, in regularity events you can coz your not required to have one. ill make it strong

very cool mate!

cheers.

#24 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

the vortex is cut n polished did not expect enamel to come out this good.
and bonnet pins fitted.

Attached Files

#25 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

Progressing well! Bonnet pins must mean its ready for the track :P

Posted Image

#26 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

yeh something like that i did em before i painted the car just riveted em in today, will put the front bar on next week. been flat out so havent had time to do much only get the paint smoothn glossy. n they told me you cant sand enamel lol proved them wrong it was just like working on older paintwork n bringiing it back like new. good **** for the price.

#27 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

Sweet, I got enamel for the moke. Can't wait to see it finished!

Posted Image

#28 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

Sweet, I got enamel for the moke. Can't wait to see it finished!

if dont want to use your expensive gun on it you can borrow mine it worked heaps well 1.4mm needle best 50 buck spec.
how ya going with the mini

#29 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

Mini is slow, hopefully get back into it this week. Need a fireplace in the shed! Fricken cold. Let ya know about the gun, but I'm not too fussed running enamel through it, thinners will clean it out good!

Posted Image

#30 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

Home made strut brace for the beast, cost me the price of some mig wire and gas free steel from old boys work, the strut tower mounts were cut on a cnc plasma cutter are a firm fit on the lip so theres no presure on the bolts dont no if there all like that neva had a brand strut brace before or made one. also added a pod filter i had liein around dout it will make any difrence but i saved half a kg in metal airbox and looks alrite.

#31 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

awesome idea for a build.. closely watching this thread also,

to be honest, that car has always looked like they bred a 1988 model Magna with a Nissan Exa, interesting design for it's day.

#32 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

please tell me that EA82 motor is either being cast off a bridge as a boat anchor whilst set fire upon, and urinated on after drinking methanol and petrol, or sold off to the outback LED boys.

#33 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

yeh its not guna be much long hence why i wasnt conserned about geting a turbo model, mabye do one run with it get me started, then ej20t running gear, that motor is tops only just run in 320000 no tapet noise. would make it a coffee table but i already got a ej20 one.

please tell me that EA82 motor is either being cast off a bridge as a boat anchor whilst set fire upon, and urinated on after drinking methanol and petrol, or sold off to the outback LED boys.

#34 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

Thanks mate, the shape grows on me every day its what the 80s was all about. cant wait 2 get it on the track. not long now.

awesome idea for a build.. closely watching this thread also,

to be honest, that car has always looked like they bred a 1988 model Magna with a Nissan Exa, interesting design for it's day.

#35 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

Sweet thread dude :D looks good, glad to hear you will be throwing the EJ20T in :D

#36 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

The new roll cage now fitted. got some custom coil overs on the way should have them in a few weeks.

Attached Files

#37 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

THE CONVERSION BEGINS

after completing 2 track days with the old na ea82 motor and having the half cut sitting there i decided its time to give it some hp. being originally front wheel drive i only had the lumps in the rear chassis rails i drilled them out threw the floor and plated from the top and put tubes inside to prevent crushing, also strengthen the rear diff hanger as it had a bend in it and with the extra hp sure it wouldnt be good. prob bit of overkill but cant hurt. went with the engine bay in black as its only a track car and it would take to much time to paint in red i think it come up well.

also had some custom coilovers made up fronts are early wrx with the camber tower to suit my orientation of the 3 bolts, and rears are gen3 liberty with modifyed top thread to collet for the vortex style mount.

managed to pick up a cheap wrecked turbo vortex striped it down things that where usefull for conversion, front crossmember with the turbo up pipe dint, rear crossmember with thicker swaybar. tailshaft shortend 55mm for wrx gearbox length, some of the rubbers on the dif hangers are a lil biger than standard l series

as the wrx gearbox uses hydrolic clutch i removed the old cable clutch pedal, using the old speedo cable hole dremeld out biger to fit the hydrolic master cylinder then modifyed the pedal box with a braket to the wrx clutch pedal. lined up real well.

as this will be a rwd track car i have welded up the centre dif and removed the front drive shafts.

Attached Files

#38 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

as the original radiator uses 32mm outlets i opted for a liberty na radiator as the wrx one was 2 tall even the liberty one wont fitt how the original would but i mounted it behind the front nose like later model subies

unfortunatly it didnt work out due to a cracked end tank and not being happy with the fittment eg. radiator being so close the engine. i opted for a wrx ali radiator so with an angle grinder in hand i got to work cutting out the bottom section of the front frame i left front skin and fabricated a 3mm L plate 70mm x 100mm , 790mm long with 100x 100 end plates. drilled two holes in tbe bottom of the channel for the radiator pins. as the radiator now sits under the top frame i drilled two holes and welded nuts on top for bolts to thread down into the rubber mounts on top off the radiator. also made up some L brackets and top plate for fittment of the front mount intercooler.

front control arms have also been modifyed using wrx sleeves to exept wrx ball joints as the originals are smaller.

as the old stuf is 4 stud i am tracking down some xt6 5 stud hubs for the rear or will use the crossbred conversionf

front gearbox crossmember modifyed to take the wrx centre mount and a custom 6mm plate rear crossmember was fabricated as the original gearboxes neva used one.

Attached Files

#39 chrisc

chrisc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

so cool

#40 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

wow epic build mate!! looks like it's starting to take shape...ish :)

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users