69 replies to this topic

#61 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:motorbikes motard and enduro. racing subies

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

im keen for that, how much they charge for a track day there n do ya have to prebook or just rockup?

will do mate. i think we're going to be doing a track day at Eastern Creek on the 12th of September so put that one in the diary as a tentative date. It'll be the first time a lot of us will have had a chance to get on the new south end extension of the track

#62 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

Light weight vortex for the win.
Looks like fun. I know it's retro but that steering wheel would be a bit of a pain for track work surely?
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#63 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

the steeringwheel is ok its a bit tricky to change they dont have the same splines as newer subies and its got reach adjustment, iv only herd of somone using a datsun boss kit to put a different wheel on.

i have more problem with the centre bottom part of the dash rubing against my leg going to have to tape some foam on there.

#64 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

The new roll cage, decided to go with a full weld in 6 point fully welded that is cams approved so the vortex is now logbooked. also fitted a new sparco evo seat all done at bonds roll bars, must say they where very helpfull with everything and well priced,

had to make up some new door cars to clear the bars wasnt keen on cutting a slot in the old ones even though i have 2 sets.

have also removed all the sounddeading fun job that is. airchissel a must without dry ice.

Attached Files

#65 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

That cage looks great.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#66 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

This is looking fantastic! So we need to organise a track day soon??

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#67 Aaron.W

Aaron.W

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:cars and Snowboarding FTW!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Awesome build mate!! Hows the diff and drive shafts holding up with the rwd conversion?? Bren thinking of doing it to the liberty for a while now.. just scared of breaking diffs and driveshafts all the time

95 Gen 2 gx series 1 with rx body kit built 207 on v2 sti heads, running gear, FMIC,twisted ATP GTX3076 Turbo setup :D

#68 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

so far its been ok, altho i havent gone tromping it off the line but even from rolling in second gear it will spin with cold tyres so hopefully putting less strain on things, the liberty rear hubs n cvs are alot better than what i have in the vortex its pritty basic, just a note if your doing the rwd comversion for a streeter your prob best getting a spool to replace the centre diff so u can leave your front drive shafts in, as mine will neva be awd, i just removed the drive shafts n left the stubs and welded the centre dif, and if you do that make sure you weld it with it on the spline it slides on to otherwise it will never line up theres some previous pictures covering it in this thread.

#69 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I know its a little off topic, but if anyone is planning to drop their front shafts in a later model after a RWD conversion, You'll need to keep the outer CV there, or sort something out with the hub and the spline. I think the big nut on the outer spline is what maintains the hub together is it not?

Sorry about the bad lingo, Never really learnt what is what on the hubs and shafts, as I have never needed to tinker with it, only replace odd things every now and again.

Looks like its an awesome little car! Kudos for it!

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#70 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

correct on the front hubs i still have the spline and cv casing there but it just free spins some high ride 2wd utes have a similar hub setup so they can be used with 4wd versions , my hubs are from 95 wrx. modified vortex control arms with the wrx ball joint sleeve, not reamed out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users