• Interests:Scuba Diving
    Downhill MTB riding
    Bicycles
    Photography
    Cars
    Aquariums
    Anything to do with the Ocean eg. old Maritime history

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Haro looks sweet! Are you keeping the original colours and just giving it a nice cut/polish? Does that saddle need fixing or just dirty?

Some cool links:

I like the look of trials but I'd mainly wana just trackstand with some city bunny hopping. I'll lower my saddle and try on my GT sometime.

Old Chinese Proverb: Experience should fear the strength of Youth

eVp photography

Gen 3 build thread

#82 thatTTguy

thatTTguy

This isn't where I parked my car..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Trials, Snowboarding, Automobiles

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

Ha! Love the old trials vids, those guys have some serious skill,
Just give trials a go dude! You can learn and try all the basics on any bike you have.

I ride a spot of trials here and there, among other types of riding.

Attached Files

#83 SSIKness666

SSIKness666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
    Downhill MTB riding
    Bicycles
    Photography
    Cars
    Aquariums

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

Great photo; now that's a dedicated trial bike ;-)

What other riding styles do you do? There was a sick vid of this Italian or Spanish guy doing trials on a Fixie. He's won lots of World trials records. Anyways I can't find the link that Dirt Magazine shared on their FB page.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

eVp photography

Gen 3 build thread

#84 camoshop

camoshop

camoshop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Art, Tattoos, Bicycles, Cars

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

@morgan it's in a farm shed out in the dooralong valley.. Nice bikes guys. Yeah am is all mountain slightly beefier than an XC bike with more travel but don't have triple crown forks like a down hill bike and the head angle isn't as slack as a down hill bike so it's easyer to pedal up hill.
Depending what gear combo I'm running I ride the avanti on XC tracks for Ourimbah and awaba I'm running a 32 front sprocket and a 16t rear cog for long distance stuff I run a 32t front and a 13t back cog

Here's a couple of pics from today's rockytrail shimano gp 7 hour race at Ourimbah XC track
DSC_0655_72_zpsca5755a3.jpg
DSC_0672_72_zps162d19e0.jpg

#85 SSIKness666

SSIKness666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
    Downhill MTB riding
    Bicycles
    Photography
    Cars
    Aquariums

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Which one is you in the photos Cam?

How often do you change your F and R sprockets on the Avanti?

Have you experimented with 720mm or longer bars for pure road commuting? I'm thinking of going wider on my GT but I don't want to go ridiculous and don't want the length to impede my chasing, as with my standard bars I can throw the bike side to side pretty well.

I'm liking the idea of AM. Is the DH aspect of AM watered down or still full on?

eVp photography

Gen 3 build thread

#86 camoshop

camoshop

camoshop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Art, Tattoos, Bicycles, Cars

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

None of them are me, I was taking photos on the day, never change the front on the avanti, basically have it set up for XC now so 32:16 only had it set up 32:13 when I didn't have the giant 29er. I haven't used wide bars for commuting, when I lived in Melbs i commuted with cut down rizors not 100% on how wise my drop bars are though on the pake that's the only bike I ride on the road ATM. Can still throw the bike around with wider bars I feel I have more control with wider bars. You can still do DH tracks on an am bike, I've taken my avanti down the Ourimbah down hill track, I guess it's all about what line you choose to take. An AM bike is more versatile though if you only could afford one mtb an AM bike would be ideal you can trail ride on it ride down hill and cross country tracks so they are a popular choice. Most of the new AM bike have a 650b(27.5) wheel size a-posed to a DH bike with 26 inch wheel or an XC bike with 29 inch wheel.

#87 thatTTguy

thatTTguy

This isn't where I parked my car..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Trials, Snowboarding, Automobiles

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

Great photo; now that's a dedicated trial bike ;-)

What other riding styles do you do? There was a sick vid of this Italian or Spanish guy doing trials on a Fixie. He's won lots of World trials records. Anyways I can't find the link that Dirt Magazine shared on their FB page.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Yeah sure is! Pretty much useless for any other style of riding, trust me i've tried lol.

I used to ride DH a lot as there is tracks all around the area that are good for shuttles but pretty much only ride trials/street stuff now.
The guys name in the vid is Chris Akrigg(pretty sure thats who you mean) He's a top rider and just proves you dont need a trials bike to ride trials!
Martyn Ashton and Gates Nicolai are both guys that ride trials with other types of bikes too.

#88 gradg

gradg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

Back from the dead?

I'm back on my bikes and couldn't be happier. Spent the snow season last year in Lake Tahoe and up until maybe a month ago was the first time i'd been able to get back on my MTB and road bikes.

Riding an afternoon 11km loop near my place and then heading out hte next day on a 30km ride with a mate was definitely a reality check, even after 5 months of snowboarding I had lost all my bike fitness. Loving being back on them.

I custom built a Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon a couple years back and it's still gong strong and ride a Di2 grouped Tarmac SL4 Pro on the road.

Hoping My work roster is going to suit the date for the Husky100 at this stage but it's not looking good! :(

#89 SSIKness666

SSIKness666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
    Downhill MTB riding
    Bicycles
    Photography
    Cars
    Aquariums

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:59 PM

Throw some pics up of your rides and any locations you've rode too.

I currently have next to no time to go for a ride. That's another reason why I'm not buying another bike yet; I just can't justify buying a bike when already I rarely get to ride mine.

The excitement that is created when thinking of riding is infectious though!
:)

eVp photography

Gen 3 build thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users