#1 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

Okay, so i want to order new bushes for the wagon, have found part numbers i need, but there are 2 different kits for the front control arm lower-inner rear. One states its normal, the other states PS Standard DS Decrease, to provide caster spread, but i have no idea what that means, or what its purpose is, so im after a bit of education as to what the difference is in leymans terms!

Thanks!

Adam.

*EDIT: Forgot to also ask, do i need a press to remove old bushes and fit the new ones?

Posted Image

#2 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

Okay, so i want to order new bushes for the wagon, have found part numbers i need, but there are 2 different kits for the front control arm lower-inner rear. One states its normal, the other states PS Standard DS Decrease, to provide caster spread, but i have no idea what that means, or what its purpose is, so im after a bit of education as to what the difference is in leymans terms!

Thanks!

Adam.

*EDIT: Forgot to also ask, do i need a press to remove old bushes and fit the new ones?

Cant explain the " PS Standard DS Decrease" but yes u need a press to remove and fit new ones...

#3 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

or a hammer and pin punch, or even a vice.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#4 Ads

Ads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:36 PM

Arise..

Hey mate, just wondering how you ended up going with this?

I need to replace the same bushings on my Gen 1 Liberty and am after as much info as possible.

Cheers.

#5 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:39 AM

just get the OEM or febest ones with the bush in the aluminium housing..  saves futzing around with trying to remove and press bushes, and no NVH change.

#6 Ads

Ads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Yeah I am leaning towards the ones that come in the housing/bracket.

I would prefer OEM, although not sure I can justify the price. Even ordering via the US, it is still more than triple the price of the el cheapo ebay specials and at least $50 more than the Whiteline replacement in the housing [W53515].

If I am tossing up between the OEM and Whiteline std. replacement, I would probably go with the OEM from the US. Otherwise I might just fork out a bit more and get a WL comfort ALK [KCA361].

Have you used the Febest ones? How do you rate them and how have they lasted?

There is also these TruPro ones. They are about $10 cheaper than the Febest. I assume they are very similar, if not the same manufacturer and just re-branded. Has anyone used them?

These are both at least a direct OEM replacement as they are hydraulic/oil filled and they have actual Aus based distributors. Hmm...scratch that re: Febest being oil filled. Just got an email back from Febest as I was typing saying they are rubber only. The TruPro ones however, are confirmed hydraulic by the distributor.

#7 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

I put the febest ones on my outback a year or so back. Seem fine.

Partsouq have OEM for about $50.

#8 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

I used only Febest stuff in my Gen3 Legacy, well priced and retained the comfort feeling. Couldn't fault them, their delivery and service is really good too. 

They're all made to OEM specs too. 

Also, you're better off going the solid rubber anyway. Eventually the oil filled ones split and piss it all out anyway.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#9 Ads

Ads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

Ok cool, thanks for the info Duncan.

Yeah that is in USD. By the time you convert and add shipping it's about $180 for the pair. Also, I'm not convinced PartSouq are legit genuine. There are quite a few fake genuine parts/sites around. I don't know but maybe someone who has worked in Subaru parts can shed some light on this?

If I was to go genuine I would get them from Subaru Genuine Parts, as they are an actual Subaru dealer in the US.

Jimbo, that's a good point. It did take a while for the originals to finally give out, although I'm guessing there won't be as much life in the cheaper aftermarket ones. I was going to give the TruPro ones a go as I figured they would provide the better NVH, for how long though is the question. I may reconsider and just go Febest..

#10 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

I used only Febest stuff in my Gen3 Legacy, well priced and retained the comfort feeling. Couldn't fault them, their delivery and service is really good too. 

They're all made to OEM specs too. 

Also, you're better off going the solid rubber anyway. Eventually the oil filled ones split and piss it all out anyway.

This.

I'm due to get quite a few of my bushes replaced and I'll be going with Febest. If you buy them yourself direct from Febest then you can almost always get a workshop to fit/install them for you; you're basically just paying them the labour.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users