• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

Hai there, Well the Brant alarm in my B4 has finally pissed me off enough to warrant me ripping it out, and throwing it in the ocean. My question is - what aftermarket alarm system do you have, AND as I will be getting a turbo timer installed at the same time, what brand turbo timer do you have? I know some alarm systems/tt'ers are a little funky if you dont get the right mix of brands. Suggestions?

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#2 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:59 PM

I usually install mogoose alarms i used to put the M80 series and they didnt like the turbo timers, but now i use the 60 something series and goes with any alarm very well....

#3 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

I've also thought about one of those mongoose alarms. To replace the craptastic central locking in the sedan. A guy i know has one, and they seem to be a bit fussy. I.e, if you walk away from the car for 5minutes it will auto lock. Regardless of whether or not the keys are in it. If a door is open, the car will still enable the alarm, so if you then open and close the door, it will trigger the alarm. Are these issues than can be adjusted?
TSM

#4 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

I've also thought about one of those mongoose alarms. To replace the craptastic central locking in the sedan.
A guy i know has one, and they seem to be a bit fussy. I.e, if you walk away from the car for 5minutes it will auto lock. Regardless of whether or not the keys are in it.
If a door is open, the car will still enable the alarm, so if you then open and close the door, it will trigger the alarm.

Are these issues than can be adjusted?

he needs to connec the negative door triger wire, thats why the alarm locks the car, also u can turn that function of but that wire has to be connected and u have to do a certain number of ign on/off to get into program mode but with the drivers door open and then press the remote on or off, also there is a 30second imobiliser that turns on that u cant turn off its an auto feature. but yes the M80 series are shit and a teprimental. ive done one not long ago and used a 60 something series i can get the exact number its no dramas if u wish and they are excellent.

the only thing thats better with the M80 u can connect microwave sensor and shock sensor they have connection for each the 60 series u have to splice into the shock sense wiring to get it toi work. but other wise the 60 is so much better to wire in. and the remotes look better.

#5 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

What would be the average purchase and installation price? It's not something i would attempt myself.
TSM

#6 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

supply and fit anywhere from $600 and up, alarm alone is price from $320 $350 $380 even more depends on the place who stock them. but u are up for at least $200 or more to install it.its about a days work just a bit under 5 to 6 hours by the time you run everything through find the wires to choop and cut for IMOB etc etc, but the guys that do it for around $600 dont connect half the stuff like dome light/ door trigger etc just the 2 point cut and blinkers flash and siren. i usually supply and fit for around $750 not including the after market central locking install and supply that is extra, but if the car has factory then around that price. also some cars like holden barinas and fords u cant connect the door trigger wire and u have to instal an after market actuator for the central locking to operate. but subarus are easy...

#7 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

Dude, I have a laserline something (can't recall what). It can deal with a bunch of different inputs from memory. Go have a chat with Bruce or Dave @ alberts myaree (feel free to drop my name, it'll prolly just result in "where do you know that fat f**k from" or we can tee up a time to go have a look). Dave had a really nice skyrine and im fairly sure he had a timer and the laserline, but its too long ago for me to remember. They have a bunch of other alarms aswell

Stuff goes here

#8 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

Thanks guy's. Richo - i'll give 'em a call on tuesday then.

#9 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Got myself an M60 Mongoose Alarm and turbo timer. Installed by SubaruJunkie Industries with some custom work to boot... I'm really happy with it :D Two thumbs up!! Cheers Jovi!! :drinks:

#10 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

Got myself an M60 Mongoose Alarm and turbo timer. Installed by SubaruJunkie Industries with some custom work to boot...

I'm really happy with it :D Two thumbs up!!

Cheers Jovi!! :drinks:

All is good myfirend as long as your happy and the custom work is one of a kind, The Beer came in handy too....Take care sweet buttercakes

#11 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

M60 it will be then. Now to find someone to install it in perth...

#12 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

M60 it will be then.

Now to find someone to install it in perth...

Ive never been to Perth. know some sydney chix that have moved out there i wouldnt mind visiting... Hint Hint Odeo ;) :lol:

#13 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:58 PM

Ha! Give me their address and i'll tell you how they are :)

#14 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:24 PM

Ha!

Give me their address and i'll tell you how they are :)

bahahahahaha you are very greedy, :lol: :D :rolleyes:

#15 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:12 PM

So it turns out i've not been helped by a dodgy battery charger. I havent driven my car for about a week and a half and when i first started having problems with the alarm i figured i'd give it a charge overnight. When i plugged in the battery charger it showed the battery was pulling bugger-all charge, which was a little weird but left it overnight either way. Just plugged a bigger battery charger into it now after another whole day of fiddling with the car and now the battery is drawing heaps more than it was before. *sigh* will leave it a few hours and see if i can get the bastard started. either way i'll be ripping the brant out and feeding it to seagulls.

#16 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

dude, i told you the battery was farked

Stuff goes here

#17 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:28 PM

I might replace the battery either way, it looks kinda pissy small. Not that i'm really a battery expert but surely bigger is better, eh?

#18 Rob

Rob

Previously known as OriaDae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

I might replace the battery either way, it looks kinda pissy small. Not that i'm really a battery expert but surely bigger is better, eh?

AFAIK a higher cranking amp value is better.

And yeah bigger would be better

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#19 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

mine had a 390cca battery when I got it.. now I have a 440 and that has been going strong for ages. Is mine bigger ? want me to bring it around ?

Stuff goes here

#20 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

its not the size that matters. its the CCA cold cranking amps so the bigger the CCA the better it is. also for the love of GOD dont buy one in Kmart or BigW or places like that, as the batteries there are shit and are old. Best place would be scotts auto one or a reputable auto electrician as they rotate there stock at least every 2 weeks. and if they give you one thats been sitting on concreat asko for another one as surely that one will be stuffed....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users