←  General Discussion

Suby Club

»

Flat spins...

allpaw4's Photo allpaw4 27 Jul 2011

Now now guys! Yes, I can do it on dirt and wet bito no dramas at all, but try doing it on a proper concrete pad when you have to keep it on the 20x40m. Come off and thats it, you're out. No run ups, just a standing start on the pad. Makes it a hell of a lot harder. Myself and the organisers basically came to the conclusion that if it was approx 50x50, there would be no dramas. Just needed that little bit more room. Due the competition rules and insurances etc they wouldn't allow me to get a run up.

Some awesome vids there, I especially like the Canberra Black STi. Very nicely done!

PS I like that this has become a dumping ground for flat spin vids! :P

Cheers,
Ben

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 27 Jul 2011

Now now guys! Yes, I can do it on dirt and wet bito no dramas at all, but try doing it on a proper concrete pad when you have to keep it on the 20x40m. Come off and thats it, you're out. No run ups, just a standing start on the pad. Makes it a hell of a lot harder. Myself and the organisers basically came to the conclusion that if it was approx 50x50, there would be no dramas. Just needed that little bit more room. Due the competition rules and insurances etc they wouldn't allow me to get a run up.

Ahhhhh It was concrete. I see.

I thought you said the pad was dirt.

Hurry up and post some pics of it. :D

Marv's Photo Marv 27 Jul 2011

Stop.
Turn wheel against lock.
Rev.
Dump clutch.

That'll do it, but you'll want a 6MT or aftermarket 5MT.

Haha, yep, and you don't want to try that with an early revision Gen 3 power steering pump either Marv, it gets very expensive... :( About a grand expensive. Also still running the stocko 5spd. Not quite financial enough to replace it just yet, so...
Oh, and it might be worth mentioning here that if I broke her, I was going to be sleeping on the couch. Therefore 'reasonably gentle' was pretty high on the priority list :P

Pics are coming Walts, Just trying to get some off the organisers now...

All in all, fun!

Ben

Xon's Photo Xon 27 Jul 2011

Stop.
Turn wheel against lock.
Rev.
Dump clutch.

If you can't do a decent skid with this method you should probably hand in your license. Even my NA EJ25 could do it with a full lock clutch dump.

Evil_VZ-T's Photo Evil_VZ-T 27 Jul 2011

Stop.
Turn wheel against lock.
Rev.
Dump clutch.

I did that and snapped my driveshaft lol

alexGT's Photo alexGT 27 Jul 2011

a mate of mine is halfway through a project that's gonna deliver mad skids.

V6 STI, 2 door conversion, 2J conversion, Supra rear end, etc etc. Keep an eye out for it when the new Drift Australia championship starts up again next year :o

how the hell can you fit a straight 6 into a subaru engine bay?!?!?

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 27 Jul 2011

how the hell can you fit a straight 6 into a subaru engine bay?!?!?

Diagonally.

aekOne's Photo aekOne 27 Jul 2011

there's A LOT of fabrication going on. it's also been pumped to buggery and is wider than a 22B!!

Adam's Photo Adam 27 Jul 2011

Skids!!!!!

That sounds like an awesome machine Aek, do you happen to have any pics of it and how its progressing?